What model of Land Cruiser are you getting? [poll]

What model of Land Cruiser are you getting?

• Land Cruiser 1958

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Land Cruiser

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • Land Cruiser First Edition

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Land Cruiser 70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I am pretty sure the 5000 is for North America...which means some will be coming here to Canada but I suspect only a handful. At first I was wanting a 1st Edition but after some consideration I don't think I want leather seats and would like more colour choice and don't need the extra badging and everything else is could probably be optioned out and don't want to pay extra and probably can't get one anyway....The only thing I would miss are the round headlights and I don't want the 1958 trim since it is to basic for me so lets hope Toyota brings round headlights to the LC trim down the line!

I am pretty sure the 5000 is for North America...which means some will be coming here to Canada but I suspect only a handful. At first I was wanting a 1st Edition but after some consideration I don't think I want leather seats and would like more colour choice and don't need the extra badging and everything else is could probably be optioned out and don't want to pay extra and probably can't get one anyway....The only thing I would miss are the round headlights and I don't want the 1958 trim since it is to basic for me so lets hope Toyota brings round headlights to the LC trim down the line!
Same boat for me, I did see a video from a toyota dealership in Texas, that got their hands on a 58 pre production model. He did comment that toyota said the head lights would be interchangeable between models. Not sure if that means you could order them that way or you could order the round headlights from toyota and swap out yourself. He didn't elaborate.

Everything I have seen is 5000 for NA. Heard the headlights are interchangeable which is good because I prefer the round ones as well. Not really sure the first edition is worth it. I saw a video of one in Europe and I did not like the decal of First Edition. Might take a year to start getting quality aftermarket parts but it might be worth the wait instead of upgrading with Toyota parts.

Worth getting on the list though. There are 3 dealerships local to me and I have my name in at each one. Until we have more info, i can't really make a decision.

Everything I have seen is 5000 for NA. Heard the headlights are interchangeable which is good because I prefer the round ones as well. Not really sure the first edition is worth it. I saw a video of one in Europe and I did not like the decal of First Edition. Might take a year to start getting quality aftermarket parts but it might be worth the wait instead of upgrading with Toyota parts.

Worth getting on the list though. There are 3 dealerships local to me and I have my name in at each one. Until we have more info, i can't really make a decision.
That's a great tip about the possibility of the headlamp assembly being interchangeable...if that's true it could solve all my concerns...LC model in any colour I choose with softex seats and aftermarket round headlights when they become available...better call a few of my dealers and get on the list....

By the time I make my decision, the 5,000 will be gone. So should I go LC, itโ€™d be the โ€˜normalโ€™ one for me.

Put in deposit for 1st Ed.; more likely to get the "Land Cruiser" trim. Dealer seemed to think all of their 1st ed allotments had been spoken for, and this was over a month ago.

Put in deposit for 1st Ed.; more likely to get the "Land Cruiser" trim. Dealer seemed to think all of their 1st ed allotments had been spoken for, and this was over a month ago.
In any case, as with our dealer, they most likely are tacking on a BIG markup IF they get a First Edition. $10K! As I have said elsewhere, if one had to pay $10K over, just go for the 2024 Lexus GX.

If you are not on a list already, it is unlikely you will score a 1st edition.
My order of preference.
1. First Edition. Although, I'm not sure I want to pay TRD Pro level mark-up (or more). I agree with @Nuke and the other comments. If the price is what I think it will be, you can get into an GX550 in the low $60k (Don't hold your breath for the OverTrail edition at that price).
2. 1958. This is the "poverty package" Cruiser Heads have begged Toyota for. The meat N' potatoes of it will be the same as the others. I modify my trucks anyway. My FJ Cruiser was modded WAY nicer than the Trail Teams editions and cost me thousands less.
3. Land Cruiser. Square headlights have grown on me, but they are still my second choice. I don't need a huge screen. I don't need Rigid color-selectable fog lights vs the vanilla fog lights. I think the fabric seats in the 1958 are more durable (Go look at an old 80 series seats vs a newer 100 series), but I have two big hairy dogs. I'll probably go seat covers no matter which edition I end up with.
โ€ข
I'm excited to see final specs and pricing.

This is what I've been able to learn from the articles, reveal videos and Toyota press releases I've found online.

Toyota is going to produce 5,000 units for North America and 3,000 for Europe. The First Edition trims come in the two tone Heritage Blue and Trail Dust. Toyota is only producing these for the first 2 months of the run. It's not clear if Toyota is going to be releasing the other trims at the same time.

Other than getting the vehicle earlier than everybody else and a few items one can get through the Toyota accessory program, or through a package I don't see much need to pay an additional dealer markup to get a Land Cruiser First Edition.

Car and Driver reported just after the launch that a premium package would be available for the LC trim that would add leather, a JBL stereo and the digital rearview mirror. I've also read (or seen on a few videos, I can't recall) the headlights are interchangeable.

I've called a few MSRP only dealerships and they seem to believe vehicles will be arriving around Easter/Spring. It's unclear if they're expecting First Edition allocations, or the standard trims (LC and 1958).

I belive between 280 to 300 Units are earmarked for the Great White North, that's Canada to you and me.

Last edited:
Back