What model of Land Cruiser are you getting? [poll]

What model of Land Cruiser are you getting?

• Land Cruiser 1958

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • Land Cruiser

Votes: 47 58.0%
  • Land Cruiser First Edition

Votes: 18 22.2%
  • Land Cruiser 70

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
📛 Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco
I thought it might be interesting to start a poll to discover which model everyone has their sights set on.

The options currently available are:
  1. Land Cruiser 1958
  2. Land Cruiser
  3. Land Cruiser First Edition
  4. Land Cruiser 70
If you don't see your option listed, let me know and I'll had it to the poll. Cast your vote above!

I would definitely be voting for a Land Cruiser 70 Series if I thought they were going to offer it in the US.

• Admin
I'd like to get my hands on a First Edition! Although, wIth Toyota only building 5000, I'm sure there is probably a slim chance of that happening.

I am on the interest list at Longo Toyota and was informed that I would not be able to get a first edition.
Well, that's a bummer! Have you checked any of the other dealerships around you?

I am relatively certain you have to know someone who knows someone to get one of those LC's or be a prominent YouTuber.
5000 is a decent amount to make though. How many First Edition Bronco's did they make? Anyone know?

5000 is a decent amount to make though. How many First Edition Bronco's did they make? Anyone know?

I received a certificate from Ford that said mine was 1 of 3,531 four-door models produced. I think they made about the same amount of first edition 2 door models?

bronco-first-edition-certificate.jpeg

5000 divided among 1100 dealers nationwide, would be roughly 4 per dealer. However, i am sure it will become highly political. Our small Toyota/Jeep/Ram dealer will be lucky to get one, leaving my chances at essentially zero. And, as I have previously posted, dealers will be marking them up astronomically.

I guess it might depend upon the actual price of the higher trims of the LC. The First Edition might be $30K more than the 1958.

I guess it might depend upon the actual price of the higher trims of the LC. The First Edition might be $30K more than the 1958.
I hope not, but could be, as that would make it $85K, on a par with projected Lexus prices. For sure Toyota will be fitting the LC in with Bronco and Wrangler prices, a very lucrative/profitable market segment.

Do we know of any other benefits/upgraded features that the First Edition receives other than the following?

"a limited run of First Edition models brings even more premium features—a roof rack, rock rails and a front skid plate—to the trails, so you can take your adventures to the next level."

Those items seem easy to purchase, plus the aftermarket offerings might even be a premium product to those factory options. You also wouldn't be tied to specific First Edition color combinations and have more exterior color options.

Here's some more First Edition information that I found.

First Edition grade limited to 5,000 units for North America and comes equipped with round heritage LED headlamps, roof rack, rock rails, and exclusive interior design.

The limited First Edition grade is exclusively available with leather-trimmed seats and a “First Edition” logo embossed on the door panels.

Screenshot 2023-08-07 at 11.51.01 AM.png

Do we know of any other benefits/upgraded features that the First Edition receives other than the following?

"a limited run of First Edition models brings even more premium features—a roof rack, rock rails and a front skid plate—to the trails, so you can take your adventures to the next level."

Those items seem easy to purchase, plus the aftermarket offerings might even be a premium product to those factory options. You also wouldn't be tied to specific First Edition color combinations and have more exterior color options.
Good analysis! And, possibly one could purchase a skid plate with oil filter access, which may/probably not exist on the OEM skid plate. The color combinations I could care less about.

Here's some more First Edition information that I found.

First Edition grade limited to 5,000 units for North America and comes equipped with round heritage LED headlamps, roof rack, rock rails, and exclusive interior design.

The limited First Edition grade is exclusively available with leather-trimmed seats and a “First Edition” logo embossed on the door panels.

View attachment 214
Would rather have SofTex in any case, as here in the desert SW leather does not fare well. A logo on the door panels, yeah, right...

Back