Round or Rectangular?

Which headlights do you prefer?

• Round

Votes: 37 46.8%
  • Rectangular

Votes: 42 53.2%

• Total voters
Rectangle for me and the LC trim level ticks all the boxes. Really curious how the softex will feel vs real leather.

Pretty sure the softex feels as good as leather. Just not sure about the longevity. I'm hoping for what you are, but with the Premium trim (supposedly gets you leather, JBL and sunroof). JBL is a must for me.

Pretty sure the softex feels as good as leather. Just not sure about the longevity. I'm hoping for what you are, but with the Premium trim (supposedly gets you leather, JBL and sunroof). JBL is a must for me.
Good point on the premium trim level. I would be more than thrilled if my dealer comes through with my LC trim and it has the premium option. My son's new 23 Tacoma has it and the leather in that rivals if not surpasses what's in my wife's Macan S. Agreed on the JBL. I was pleasantly surprised at the JBL in our Tacoma.

Good point on the premium trim level. I would be more than thrilled if my dealer comes through with my LC trim and it has the premium option. My son's new 23 Tacoma has it and the leather in that rivals if not surpasses what's in my wife's Macan S. Agreed on the JBL. I was pleasantly surprised at the JBL in our Tacoma.
Yep, I've got it in my Tundra, and it blows away the Harman Kardon I had in my BWM, and the Bang & Olufsen in my wife's Audi. Not necessarily the volume, but the sound in general.

I have Mercedes version of the softex and I honestly don't think about it too much. It feels supple, and cleans easily enough.

I think a fully optioned LC is the way to go on this vehicle and will prove to be a good value when compared to the GX 550 Overtrail trim which I am also seriously considering.

I wish they would hurry up and get these things on the lots already. :)

Had to go rectangular. Growing up in the 80s, cars by then had rectangular headlights so that is nostalgic for me. Consider later examples of the J60. I mean I love the round ones and on cars like the Bronco especially, but considering that I won’t have made my car decision in time enough for a first edition, if I go LC, I’m probably into the rectangular headlights by default (I want more than the base 1958 provides).
1702705774520.jpeg

Had to go rectangular. Growing up in the 80s, cars by then had rectangular headlights so that is nostalgic for me. Consider later examples of the J60. I mean I love the round ones and on cars like the Bronco especially, but considering that I won’t have made my car decision in time enough for a first edition, if I go LC, I’m probably into the rectangular headlights by default (I want more than the base 1958 provides).
View attachment 618
I personally think the rectangular look a bit more badass.

Please offer rectangular lights on 1958, even if it is an option. I dont like roundish lights. All old school cars had roundish lights. They do not look LEDs. No more roundish lights in a 2024 model, please

We have quite a few new members on here now, so I wanted to bump this poll.

i like the round bc it reminds me of FJ cruiser

Toyota already said they are interchangeable. Just cost you $.

Square for me!
I asked if LC will be in Montreal auto show this month ..answer is No!🤔
But Tacoma yes ( gas and hybrid).!

Square also,

Anyone know if it’s at the Philadelphia auto Show?

not sure but im planning on going to the NYIAS in March/April. I'm hoping they have all 3 trims there.

not sure but im planning on going to the NYIAS in March/April. I'm hoping they have all 3 trims there.
Supposedly it is NOT there, the Philly auto show website does not list it as one of the vehicles present from Toyota.

IMO - they don’t really need to market since there’s a large following/interest in the vehicle. But would be nice to see one in the flesh.

Maybe some day when the embargo is lifted we can actually get some firm info

Concerns me we won’t see this thing on their suggested timeline…

Supposedly it is NOT there, the Philly auto show website does not list it as one of the vehicles present from Toyota.

IMO - they don’t really need to market since there’s a large following/interest in the vehicle. But would be nice to see one in the flesh.

Maybe some day when the embargo is lifted we can actually get some firm info

Concerns me we won’t see this thing on their suggested timeline…

I'd be shocked to see it in US dealerships before Memorial Day

I believe in Canada we get the sunroof without having to add the Premium upgrade. Not so with leather and full JBL you need the premium upgrade

Last edited:
Round all the way. I love the FJ60 & always wished my FJ80 had round headlights. This is a modern mix of the FJ60/FJ80 to me. Nice that Toyota is making them where you can switch them to whatever you like.

Round. Like my FJ but all grown up

Back