• Rectangular

Votes: 42 53.2%

• Total voters

Skidaddl

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Sep 7, 2023
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
2024-toyota-land-cruiser-lights.gif

Quick poll. While I suspect they'll be interchangeable (the mounting area looks identical), which do you prefer?

Click the link below for a headlight GIF:

Last edited by a moderator:
Round, but in the "Land Cruiser" trim level. The 1958 is bare bones otherwise, and the First Edition will be essentially unavailable. They may be interchangeable, but at what price?

I prefer rectangular, and Land Cruiser trim with the Premium pkg (leather, sunroof, and JBL).

My guess is ~ $350 - $400 US per headlight.

I prefer rectangular, and Land Cruiser trim with the Premium pkg (leather, sunroof, and JBL).
Where are the details regarding packages? Teetering between a GX 550 and LC, depends on what the LC packages will offer.

Where are the details regarding packages? Teetering between a GX 550 and LC, depends on what the LC packages will offer.
Not sure about the US, but this is the Canadian press release. We've not had the LC here in over 30 years!

I prefer the exterior of the GX, but the interior of the LC (the GX is a bit too pretty for what I'll be using it for).

Thanks Skiaddl! I like what I see. We are a becoming more than a bit long in the tooth, so was hoping to see a power running board option. Nothing mentioned, but not giving up. It is on the GX Luxury+, but a BIG downside for any off-roading, 22" wheels.

Thanks Skiaddl! I like what I see. We are a becoming more than a bit long in the tooth, so was hoping to see a power running board option. Nothing mentioned, but not giving up. It is on the GX Luxury+, but a BIG downside for any off-roading, 22" wheels.

I would guess AMP Research will offer power running boards for the new Land Cruiser. They do for the 4runner.

My guess is ~ $350 - $400 US per headlight.
This is the exact package I want. I have been going back and forth between the 250 and the GX 550. It really comes down to availability and price points. I think the LC is a better value for money.

I prefer the rectangular. They look more aggressive to me, and clean. Am not a previous LC owner, so the call to tradition doesn't pull to me as it does some.

The rectangular lights appear to have more elements and I expect would be easier to source replacements. I think both look great. My first impression was the circular lights look great, but I suspect the rectangular lights will perform better. This is my first time having to evaluate headlight options on a vehicle.

This is the exact package I want. I have been going back and forth between the 250 and the GX 550. It really comes down to availability and price points. I think the LC is a better value for money.
I agree. Plus I want that hybrid engine, and the Land Cruiser name for the resale value (if I ever end up selling it).

Power running boards would be nice, although I do hear a lot of people up here saying they freeze up in the winter.

In every other vehicle this would be an easy choice for me, round. But I have to admit that the rectangular lights looks great. What is throwing me off is the front bumper and the dead space underneath the headlamps. Personally, the fog lamps and their diminutive size is silly.

So my vote would be rectangular lights which look better with the front fascia as it is presented by Toyota. Throw on a beefy ARB front bumper and round makes the most sense.

Back