Local dealer has a First Edition inbound

Dangler

📛 Founding Member
Feb 6, 2024
Upper left USA
Vehicles
1996 Land Cruiser
I contacted a local dealer a month ago and asked to be put on their wait-list. They gave me no idea as to how many were already on the list but I assumed I was way down. I preferenced a mid-level Land Cruiser in Heritage Blue with gray top, and left it at that. I assumed I wouldn’t hear from them for many months so was surprised when they emailed today. They have an inbound First Edition in Meteor Shower and asked me if I was interested in securing it now.

MSRP: $74,950.00
Dealer Installed Packages & Accessories: $7282.00
Port Installed Packages & Accessories: $1285.00
Delivery Processing and Handling: $1395.00
Total Advertised Price: $84,912.00

This comes as little surprise because when I asked them initially if they were going to sell at MSRP I was told, “In general we do have dealer protection prices for many of our vehicles.” Obviously we are seeing a lot of this elsewhere across the country.

If someone wants to pay $10K over MSRP to get what they want, have at it. But I am not interested in a First Edition, nor will I pay $10K over invoice on any vehicle.

I can wait for the dust to settle after this initial storm.

Hopefully.

Attachments

• IMG_5875.jpeg
    IMG_5875.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 186
yeah, kirkland is known to have markup and BS addons, sadly someone in Seattle metro area gonna pay it to be the first on the block, if you can wait that's great, this one has about $6k worth of markup depending on what the dealer installed

Dear I ask, but exactly what was installed by the dealer for $7000plus??? Isn’t the first edition fully dressed?
And port added what for close to $1300.00? Fishing gear?
The fool and his money.

Dear I ask, but exactly what was installed by the dealer for $7000plus??? Isn’t the first edition fully dressed?
And port added what for close to $1300.00? Fishing gear?
The fool and his money

Attachments

• Vspec_Land Cruiser_JTEABFAJ1R113BM37.pdf
    949.6 KB · Views: 170
I wouldn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole, port and dealer adulterated too much, some of the modifications are not just cosmetic, they tapped into wiring (dashcam) and replaced the third brake light with some stupid strobing lights, who knows if they sealed the light housing properly.
The main reason I want a Land Cruiser is because I want it to be 100% Japan, if I wanted a vehicle with American involvement I would just buy a Sequoia.

They'd have a better time selling it if they just slapped a fat markup on it and left the car alone

I’ve never bought a new Toyota so I have no familiarity with that dealer. But I t’s big red flag for me as far as potentially doing any business with them in the future.

WOW… just WOW I would never take it on principle. That is outrageous to add all theses items without your permission.

yeah, kirkland is known to have markup and BS addons, sadly someone in Seattle metro area gonna pay it to be the first on the block, if you can wait that's great, this one has about $6k worth of markup depending on what the dealer installed
I was there the other day and their own salesperson was like, don't bother enquiring, they will rip you, go elsewhere. I was surprised the salesperson was themselves asking me to go to some other dealership :)

For FE in the SF Bay Area, if you are willing to pay a markup of $5k there a few dealers that are ready to sell. At MSRP, if you are not already on a list you are probably out of luck.

Something that especially bothered me about their add-ons was the inclusion of the all weather cargo mat. According to the spec sheet my dealer sent me, the FE package includes "All weather floor liners and cargo mats".

Something that especially bothered me about their add-ons was the inclusion of the all weather cargo mat. According to the spec sheet my dealer sent me, the FE package includes "All weather floor liners and cargo mats
Interesting

Around the KC area there have been several FE’s offered, as many as 8 or 9 within 100 miles on some days, some have markups, most do not. Either way, it seems like a lot of vehicles have already been built and are on the way to the dealerships.
I understand they’re going to build 5000 FE’s, any idea how long that’s going to take? When do you think they’ll start building the other models?

Around the KC area there have been several FE’s offered, as many as 8 or 9 within 100 miles on some days, some have markups, most do not. Either way, it seems like a lot of vehicles have already been built and are on the way to the dealerships.
I understand they’re going to build 5000 FE’s, any idea how long that’s going to take? When do you think they’ll start building the other models?
Canada is supposed to be getting 290 of those FE’s

1710958708439.png

Wiki is great. Question is....are they done building the FEs? Your guess is as good as mine, but I would guess. Yes, they are, not they likely will be soon. Heard a rumor about the "normal" cars arriving starting April/May.

View attachment 1150
Wiki is great. Question is....are they done building the FEs? Your guess is as good as mine, but I would guess. Yes, they are, not they likely will be soon. Heard a rumor about the "normal" cars arriving starting April/May.
Mine has a build date of today 3/20/24. I'm guessing that is the start of the build because the port date is 4/12/24. So yes, they are still building them.

They are still some FEs that have not been allocated yet per my local dealer, so I think we have a few more weeks of FE production. My guess is that Toyota will start building the 1958 and mid-trims in late April with the first US deliveries in June.

Back