LC “Camp Mode” — Sleeping w/ AC On

OverCurious

📛 Founding Member
Apr 20, 2024
Los Angeles
Curious if anyone knows if the AC can stay on all night while camping?
I’m assuming a side benefit of an (assumedly) electric AC in a hybrid is the capability to go into “Camp Mode” for an extended period of time.

I like to be comfortable when I’m Roughing it.

Curious if anyone knows if the AC can stay on all night while camping?
I’m assuming a side benefit of an (assumedly) electric AC in a hybrid is the capability to go into “Camp Mode” for an extended period of time.

I like to be comfortable when I’m Roughing it.
This is a fair question. I had a Tesla Model Y that had camp mode and it worked wonderfully. I’m not sure the LC battery is large enough to support AC running all night. You might consider a plug-in fan or mini-AC unit that can run off the plug at the rear of the LC. Good luck.

I will say if it is designed similar to Tundra Hybrid which I have the 110 outlet only works if engine is running. It keeps you from running battery down.

I will say if it is designed similar to Tundra Hybrid which I have the 110 outlet only works if engine is running. It keeps you from running battery down.
@tbounds02-
Does your AC stay on w/ the engine off?
If yes, have you noticed how long it stays on w/o being turned off by either software or hybrid battery depletion?
Thx

Last edited:
if you are asking if truck ac stays on with engine off no it doesn't. If you are asking does plug in stay hot with engine off no it doesn't

if you are asking if truck ac stays on with engine off no it doesn't. If you are asking does plug in stay hot with engine off no it doesn't
I beg to differ

Attachments

• IMG_0237.jpeg
    IMG_0237.jpeg
    820.9 KB · Views: 70
I don’t have my vehicle yet, I’m just going by what’s in the manual that you could download from Toyota
@Captain Trips, Good idea on the online manual.
@tbounds02, As you surmised — No Camp Mode:

NOTICE
■To prevent 12-volt battery discharge Do not leave the air conditioning system on longer than necessary when the hybrid system is off.

Back