Land Cruiser Road tests - what questions u want answers for?

If you can 3d print a nice one I'm sure you would have a lot of buyers. Shot of TRD Jon and Kirk Kreifels video.

View attachment 1420

Near the end of the TRD Jon and Kirk's video, they mention that the GX will be offering (likely) the same hybrid powertrain soon as the LC (next year??). I would think that would certainly squeeze sales of LC in North America, with 4Runner as the volume seller and GX as the premium seller.

Also those tires on the Trail Dust dont appear to be the Michelin LTX trail. look a bit more off-roadish.

Near the end of the TRD Jon and Kirk's video, they mention that the GX will be offering (likely) the same hybrid powertrain soon as the LC (next year??). I would think that would certainly squeeze sales of LC in North America, with 4Runner as the volume seller and GX as the premium seller.

Also those tires on the Trail Dust dont appear to be the Michelin LTX trail. look a bit more off-roadish.

I saw that one Trail Dust with the Toyo Open Country tires. Looked good. Seems like all the regular LC 18" wheels and 1st Ed were the Michelin LTX Trail. The 1958 and 20" wheels were Bridgestone or Yokohama.

Did you get any answer from all the new reviews and articles? I did not ! :rolleyes:
Quite annoying and disappointing that certain dimensional specs are still unknown (cargo area) or simply still quoting questionable numbers (rear/front legroom, etc). Pretty much all were a rehash of already known common Toyota talking points and subjective opinions. 🥱🥱

Someone please take that hideous trailer hitch cover off and get a picture of what they are hiding. First order for me will be to 3d print a better looking alternative for sure.
I remember reading on an earlier review there was a clearance issue on the LC inserting and removing the hitch pin from the receiver - I haven't seen any comments since this - Most interested in a review that looks at trailering with a reasonably heavy travel trailer - i.e. 4500-5000 pounds.

Yes - that cover is not a thing of beauty

Did you hear about these features ?
  • a shutter in the upper grille which closes at high speeds to inhibit the flow of air into the engine compartment, reducing air resistance and lift force
  • rear camera washer

Back