fitting bigger tires?

I’m planning on a 275/70-R18. I ran a set of Duratracs in that size on my Jeep JK. True 33”. Nice mild size (for a Jeep). Handled well, and worked out great off-road. Tons of tire options. Only adds 0.3” to the sidewall and 0.2” width inboard. Should fit stock wheels and suspension just fine.
Same plan here. My FE is inbound and I’ve spoken with my dealer about a trade in for the stock Michelins in exchange for purchase of 275/70R18 BFG KO2s. Should fit fine.

I don't know if I would put larger tires on my FE without a lift. The owners manual doesn't even let you put chains on the FE size.

I don't know if I would put larger tires on my FE without a lift. The owners manual doesn't even let you put chains on the FE size.
Not that I’ve had to chain up more than a small handful of times in my 45 years of driving, but no factory vehicle should be restricted from having chains installed when absolutely needed.

That said, it won’t impact my decision to get a LC250. If chains are required I probably shouldn’t be on the road during those conditions anyway.

Still…

Back