First mod on your Land Cruiser?

supersix

Administrator
Staff member
๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 7, 2023
Vehicles
2014 4runner, 2021 Bronco
What will your first mod be on the new Land Cruiser?

Tint is definitely my first modification and then probably a leveling kit/lift and then wheels and tires.

Tires and wheels for sure. Then a V-8 (kidding) and a slight lift.

Hmmm.... Wonder if Man-A-Fre will come out with a V8 conversion kit like the one they had for the FJ55. Might be kind of hard feeding fuel for a 4 bolt main Chevy 350 today, but don't tempt me LOL.

Guess need to make sure a pair of Ruff Tough (now Ruff Land) Intermediate kennels will sit side by side in the back. Pretty sure they will and if I have to can size down. If I really have to.

First mod will be a platform for the dogs where the rear seat is and storage for the shotguns below it. Out of sight.

22179751805_e7924540df_b.jpg

I don't plan on ripping out the rear seats in the LC. Yet.

Other mods I will wait and see and let others beta test them to see how they turn out. I'm pretty sure it will not take long for after market parts to show up.

Hmmm.... Wonder if Man-A-Fre will come out with a V8 conversion kit like the one they had for the FJ55. Might be kind of hard feeding fuel for a 4 bolt main Chevy 350 today, but don't tempt me LOL.

Guess need to make sure a pair of Ruff Tough (now Ruff Land) Intermediate kennels will sit side by side in the back. Pretty sure they will and if I have to can size down. If I really have to.

First mod will be a platform for the dogs where the rear seat is and storage for the shotguns below it. Out of sight.

22179751805_e7924540df_b.jpg

I don't plan on ripping out the rear seats in the LC. Yet.

Other mods I will wait and see and let others beta test them to see how they turn out. I'm pretty sure it will not take long for after market parts to show up.
That's a handy modification for hunters! I was looking at how the fold-and-tumble rear seats work in the new Land Cruiser and I think it might be best if you removed them. It would free up a lot more room for your gun storage and dog platform. You can see how the rear seats work in the video below at about the 21:10 mark.

My first modification could be replacing the 12v battery with a deep cycle AGM battery. AGM batteries are less likely to off-gas and and can tolerate discharging when the hybrid system is off. Flooded lead acid batteries are the gold standard for reliability and I expect the LC 250 will come with one from the factory.

I have Falken Wildpeak AT3W's on my Tundra, and really like them. The Tundra has been notorious for chewing through tires in my experience. I've had Toyos, Coopers, and a few others, and I'm pretty happy with the Falkens overall, aside from the fact they throw the odd pebble. Best allround (if perhaps not the most rugged looking) and best longevity so far.

Last edited:
Pretty sure Toyota is counting on people wanting to add their own preferred tires, based on the tires they are shipping with. ๐Ÿ›ž
Don't quote me, I got the info second-hand, (from a trusted source)... From what I understand, wheels might not be everyone's first mod. Rumor is that the new LC will have a unique lug size/pattern. Might be a minute before aftermarket wheel options are available (depending on if Toyota involves aftermarket mfgs early like they do with ARB). I am not a huge fan of the black wheels (black wheels in general). The gunmetal look ok. The blue LC would look amazing in light gray wheels (color matched to the roof) or bronze.

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 12.34.46 PM.png

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 12.34.59 PM.png

Pretty sure Toyota is counting on people wanting to add their own preferred tires, based on the tires they are shipping with. ๐Ÿ›ž
Don't quote me, I got the info second-hand, (from a trusted source)... From what I understand, wheels might not be everyone's first mod. Rumor is that the new LC will have a unique lug size/pattern. Might be a minute before aftermarket wheel options are available (depending on if Toyota involves aftermarket mfgs early like they do with ARB). I am not a huge fan of the black wheels (black wheels in general). The gunmetal look ok. The blue LC would look amazing in light gray wheels (color matched to the roof) or bronze.

View attachment 449
View attachment 450
Both of those wheel colors look great on that blue!

I was thinking about greyscape steelies, but bronze looks really good. Really good.

100% tires and rims .......tint....roof rack .....some kind of bike carrier

Back