First Edition Roof Rack / Load Limit

agjake01

đź“› Founding Member
Sep 9, 2023
North Bend, WA
Vehicles
2016 Wrangler JKU
Looking at putting a RTT on the FE - any idea if the roof rack will support one or what the load limit will be? The vehicle manual states a low load limit for the factory roof rails, but hoping the rack is different.

Attachments

• IMG_7249.jpeg
    IMG_7249.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 214
I wanted to know dimensions to be sure it would clear the garage door opening. I got this from my dealer, but sadly it refers to the manual for weight limits and restrictions. It appears to "integrate with the Land Cruiser's roof rails" so I would guess it does not change the load limit for the factory rails. It just provides additional tie down points.

Mark

Attachments

• Roof Rack.jpeg
    Roof Rack.jpeg
    568.5 KB · Views: 150
Looking at putting a RTT on the FE - any idea if the roof rack will support one or what the load limit will be? The vehicle manual states a low load limit for the factory roof rails, but hoping the rack is different.
you think the added roofrack to a middle grade LC is the same? mine has a Port installed roof rack option included in the spec

I wanted to know dimensions to be sure it would clear the garage door opening. I got this from my dealer, but sadly it refers to the manual for weight limits and restrictions. It appears to "integrate with the Land Cruiser's roof rails" so I would guess it does not change the load limit for the factory rails. It just provides additional tie down points.

Mark
I’m going to pretty annoyed if the FE roof rack can’t support a RTT. The 4R gets an ARB rack with a significant load limit, hopefully the $1500 FE roof rack is more than cross rails with a frame…

I don't know the weight limits. I'm optimistic that the engineers at Toyota know what the off-roading community need in a roof rack. 🤞

Reviving this one now that a few folks have the truck - anyone planning to mount a jack, awning, tent, or boards to the rack? What mounting hardware are you going to use or do you recommend?

Can anyone provide an exact vehicle height measurement with the rack? Wondering if it will fit in my garage with anything mounted to it… thanks!

does anyone know the total LC height WITH the roof rack? I see the rack is 6 inches but it integrates with the roof rails so not sure what the total LC height would be. Want to know if it would still fit into my garage.

looks like 77 3/4". I put a board on top to get a good measurement.
View attachment 1710
You are a gentleman and a scholar!

The TopOak RTT is 8” - so I think I’m going to be 1.5” too tall for the garage frame to pull in with it one.

Think I’m going to have to look for a lower profile RTT or come up with something innovative like this guy -

Thanks for measuring!

Howbout this one for loading on the driveway. Breaks down for easy storage and under $100 in parts.

DIY Roof Top Tent Hoist

Then a regular frame on casters to hoist the tent for storage back in the garage.

Attachments

• IMG_7602.jpeg
    IMG_7602.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_7604.jpeg
    IMG_7604.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7603.jpeg
    IMG_7603.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 30
  • IMG_7601.jpeg
    IMG_7601.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 56
Reviving this one now that a few folks have the truck - anyone planning to mount a jack, awning, tent, or boards to the rack? What mounting hardware are you going to use or do you recommend?

Can anyone provide an exact vehicle height measurement with the rack? Wondering if it will fit in my garage with anything mounted to it… thanks!
I was hoping to mount some Maxtraxs' to the FE roof rack but the mounting pins are too tall for the style of cross bar that it uses. I didn't feel like drilling it – so far I'm thinking the Prinsu Maxtrax Universal Mount might do the trick.

Back