First Edition at dealers

Do you think the 4runner will not require premium, even though they have the same engine specifications?
Im starting to think it will, since it has the same power figures as the LC. If it made a little less then I would say its tuned for regular gas but that seems highly unlikely now. I have a feeling they will now keep the lower models without the hybrid system on regular and all the upper trims with hybrid as premium. We will know in a few months for sure

Im starting to think it will, since it has the same power figures as the LC. If it made a little less then I would say its tuned for regular gas but that seems highly unlikely now. I have a feeling they will now keep the lower models without the hybrid system on regular and all the upper trims with hybrid as premium. We will know in a few months for sure
I think it is probably a little lighter and is more aerodynamic. It may be fine on regular. suspicion is the premium designation is them monkeying around with the fuel efficiency numbers. We’ll see.

That doesn't make sense to me. They hybrid motor doesn't care what fuel you're feeding the petro engine. It's my understanding that the 4 cyl turbo is the same whether or not you get the hybrid version. It's the highly tuned iforce with the turbo that causes it to require the premium.

Few months is the tricky part. Couldn't be more confusing at this point. Hopefully the embargo is lifted soon and we can see some driving around...

Honest question, not meant to be disrespectful. A front license plate mount is going to cause an overheating problem?!
No disrespect taken. I talked to a few 4Runner owners that have put them in the grill and they all said they haven't had any problems. But yes, I have wondered that also. The only thing I don't like is the offset look. I may just go with the standard location since it is not bad and the front end is supposed to be modular if I moved to a state with no front plates. Or I may mount it on the fake skid plate.

@njdevils89 posted this picture.

LAND CRUISER FRONT PLATE.JPG

To my understanding, front license plates are not mandatory in California. My year 2000 Land Cruiser never had one on front.
All 3 trims have the same engine, so premium gas for 1958 is a Toyota joke. They kept misguiding us that premium is not required. I heard and read that like 6 times

It is mandatory in CA.

California Code, Vehicle Code - VEH § 5201​

License plates, including temporary license plates, shall at all times be securely fastened to the vehicle for which they are issued so as to prevent the plates from swinging, shall be mounted in a position so as to be clearly visible, and so that the characters are upright and display from left to right, and shall be maintained in a condition so as to be clearly legible. The rear license plate shall be mounted not less than 12 inches nor more than 60 inches from the ground, and the front license plate shall be mounted not more than 60 inches from the ground

To my understanding, front license plates are not mandatory in California. My year 2000 Land Cruiser never had one on front.
All 3 trims have the same engine, so premium gas for 1958 is a Toyota joke. They kept misguiding us that premium is not required. I heard and read that like 6 times
The law changed years ago. It was due to the automated license plate readers on the bridges and highways. I didn't use one on my MR2 until I got ticketed for it crossing the Bay Bridge.

Back