Camping in the Land Cruiser?

Attachments

• IMG_7416.jpeg
    IMG_7416.jpeg
    948.4 KB · Views: 22
Much prefer the look of the GX Overtrail’s roof over the Toyota FE one…. wondering if it would fit the roof rails of LC… just pontificating:)
IMG_1188.jpeg
IMG_1187.png

Much prefer the look of the GX Overtrail’s roof over the Toyota FE one…. wondering if it would fit the roof rails of LC… just pontificating:)
View attachment 1461View attachment 1462
I definitely like the ARB rack on the GX, seems to sit a little higher though so I’m guessing more wind noise and possibly more difficulty in getting a slimline RTT on top where it will still fit in the garage.

Guessing there will be an ARB platform compatible with the rails though as they’re producing most of the Trailhunter add-ons for Toyota.

Yes - I’m thinking of putting a knock off Roofnest on top and saving a couple grand. Some good reviews on YouTube comparing the two -

I saw the Topoak one, as newbie, it does make more sense to go that route (save some cash), especially since I'm putting some better tires on the LC day 1. However, I did find a similar one on Costco's site. Tempted to spend a bit more since Costco has a no questions ask return policy if something were to go wrong...

I saw the Topoak one, as newbie, it does make more sense to go that route (save some cash), especially since I'm putting some better tires on the LC day 1. However, I did find a similar one on Costco's site. Tempted to spend a bit more since Costco has a no questions ask return policy if something were to go wrong...
Good find as that looks like a decent deal. Also note though, that’s a standard clamshell whereas the Topoak has a bump out rather than an awning over the hatch, so it gives you quite a bit more room inside.

Great review and also includes a 10% code if you settle on a Topoak. Seems like a pretty good deal at $1200.

Last edited:
I’ve got a FE in Meteor Shower on the way to the Port of Portland right now - ship arrives next week.

Interested to see what aftermarket options come out for leveling the cargo area for sleeping. Also considering a hard shell RTT. Looking forward to seeing what people do with the cargo area.
Greetings! How were you able to track the ship? Does your say that it is in the build stage? Does it give a date for delivery window? Thanks.

Greetings! How were you able to track the ship? Does your say that it is in the build stage? Does it give a date for delivery window? Thanks.
The dealer can see the build and ship dates in their system. If you cross reference the ship date and arrival/departure port with Vessel Finder you should be able to track it.

Back