2024 Land Cruiser require Premium Fuel?

The fun continues...

TRD Jon confirms his press sheet directly from Toyota for the LC said "91 recommended"

Minute 52 mark

My 1999 8 cyl Land Cruiser said 91 as well. But, I heard a couple trusted mechanics say that if the truck didn’t knock with 87, it was just fine. Might risk warranty however. I will report back when my new LC comes in soon.

I've got a 22 RS3, I don't need premium for my daily. Its a personal financial decision I'm making since I usually keep my daily's for 150-200k miles. All that extra cost in fuel adds up over time. No one expected Toyota to REQUIRE premium on 4runners and Tacoma's. Lexus sure. So im not sure what's funny about it? What is funny is that you're commenting on it when you don't even know what is considered premium lmao. 91 octane and up. In the US at least.
For 200,000 miles in a new LC the extra fuel costs of premium figures to be about $3,600+\-

So let's say $30/month if one is driving 20,000miles/year.

I totally get that everyone budgets in different ways and prioritizes different things... but owning a 2022 RS3, looking at purchasing a $55,000-75,000 vehicle for a daily and choosing to take issue with an extra $30/month in fuel does seem a little funny to me too.

But hey, variety makes the world go round!

You guys can run 87 if you want. I'm running 110 Race Fuel. Nothing is to good for my Sweet Pea!
110 race fuel.jpg

The fun continues...

TRD Jon confirms his press sheet directly from Toyota for the LC said "91 recommended"

Minute 52 mark

So it’s what TRD Jon said after the “91 recommended” comment, he said….”but not required….” “Do what u want with that info but bro I’m not putting premium gas in any Toyota or my LC…” His opinion only, but this is a few auto journalists now that have said this and just shrugged it off. I get it as these guys probably only keep the vehicle a couple years at most.

About 15 years ago, I was listening to NPR’s Car Talk on a Saturday morning and the subject of premium gas came up. I have always trusted Tom and Ray, and feel like they give honest, informed, academic (they had graduate degrees in engineering, I believe) useful car care information. Tom died some years ago, but Ray is still serving the community in a similar fashion. I distinctly remember both Tom and Ray saying that unless your engine starts to ping, there really is no reason to use premium if you are satisfied with the performance you are getting. As I said above, my 1999 LC has 250,000 miles on it and it has only drunk 87 octane. I will report back if my 2024 LC FE doesn’t do well on the cheap stuff.

About 15 years ago, I was listening to NPR’s Car Talk on a Saturday morning and the subject of premium gas came up. I have always trusted Tom and Ray, and feel like they give honest, informed, academic (they had graduate degrees in engineering, I believe) useful car care information. Tom died some years ago, but Ray is still serving the community in a similar fashion. I distinctly remember both Tom and Ray saying that unless your engine starts to ping, there really is no reason to use premium if you are satisfied with the performance you are getting. As I said above, my 1999 LC has 250,000 miles on it and it has only drunk 87 octane. I will report back if my 2024 LC FE doesn’t do well on the cheap stuff.
I have heard the same. My 2000 BMW 328i never saw premium when I owned it, and that thing ran amazing.

Back