Would you give up off-road capability for better mpg?

I own a Bronco 2.3 w/10 spd auto. Calling it brutal in stop n go is a bit of an overstatement. It’s drives and shifts smoothly just like any other modern SUV.

Nah, I have a 2.7L (Auto) Heritage it is smoother than the non-Sas geared 2.3L. Janky tractor is an apt description.

It all depends on what you are used it. The Rivian R1S I just sold to make room for the new Heritage was butter smooth on the road like all EVs are. The 2.3L Big Bend was like riding a yellow school bus (which I had the pleasure of doing at the Daytona 500 to and from the parking lot). Oh those jerky shifts.

Nah, I have a 2.7L (Auto) Heritage it is smoother than the non-Sas geared 2.3L. Janky tractor is an apt description.

It all depends on what you are used it. The Rivian R1S I just sold to make room for the new Heritage was butter smooth on the road like all EVs are. The 2.3L Big Bend was like riding a yellow school bus (which I had the pleasure of doing at the Daytona 500 to and from the parking lot). Oh those jerky shifts.

"gearing" has nothing to do with how the Bronco shifts. The 10 speed auto adapts. Mine's smooth as butter in all conditions. The 2.3 is by far the better designed engine. 2.7 has a "wet belt driven" oil pump an numerous other design flaws.

Back