Winding Down Screech When Put into Park

Catfarm

📛 Founding Member
Aug 29, 2024
Media
New Hampshire
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser FE - Heritage Blue
I've seen several threads about brake screech when put into reverse, but this is not what I am experiencing. After driving (even a short distance) when I put the car into park I get a screech that winds down, almost every time as I remove my foot from the brake. This is my first hybrid, so I am not sure if this is a normal occurrence where the electric motor charging from braking is disengaging. Has anyone else experience this? Is it normal?

I've seen several threads about brake screech when put into reverse, but this is not what I am experiencing. After driving (even a short distance) when I put the car into park I get a screech that winds down, almost every time as I remove my foot from the brake. This is my first hybrid, so I am not sure if this is a normal occurrence where the electric motor charging from braking is disengaging. Has anyone else experience this? Is it normal?
Could this possibly be the sound of the emergency brake being applied?

In my experience this engine just makes a lot of weird noises at weird times. It happening when you put it in to park means anybody looking at it will start with the parking brake. It could be an intermittent issue in that system but even if it's not you'll probably have to rule it out. As a test I'd try disabling the auto parking brake to see if it goes away. You could also try turning the parking brake on and off a dozen times to see if you can recreate it. If nothing else you might try to get an extra set of ears on it to see if it's coming from the engine bay or the rear wheels.

Back