Whoofing Noise Above 60 mph

Trish

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 15, 2024
Oregon
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser Premium Package
I just purchased a 2024 Land Cruiser and love it! I have noticed a whoofing noise above 60 mph. Is it possible a wheel bearing was installed incorrectly? Anyone else having this issue?

I had a noise at a similar speed. Because of the resonance through the body, it was hard to pinpoint, but it seemed to be higher than any part of the drivetrain.

I removed the crossbars from the roof rails - problem solved. I hope you can de-whoof yours as easily.

Cheers!

I noticed this at speeds over ~65mph. I assumed it was the crossbars. Kinda disappointing, I feel like in the year 2024 we have the technology to make these things mostly silent.

I haven't experimented with it yet, but there's typically an optimal spacing/distance between the crossbars that minimizes wind noise. Need to start by checking if I was given an installation manual for them, and if it specifies the ideal separation.

I had a noise at a similar speed. Because of the resonance through the body, it was hard to pinpoint, but it seemed to be higher than any part of the drivetrain.

I removed the crossbars from the roof rails - problem solved. I hope you can de-whoof yours as easily.

Cheers!
That was it! Thank you so much!
Curious if you have found a cargo cover for your Land Cruiser?

That was it! Thank you so much!
Curious if you have found a cargo cover for your Land Cruiser?
Glad to be able to help, Trish! I have not looked at cargo covers; my first priority is finding a set of 18 inch rims for my LC Premie at a reasonable cost.

Cheers!

Why smaller tires?

I just purchased a 2024 Land Cruiser and love it! I have noticed a whoofing noise above 60 mph. Is it possible a wheel bearing was installed incorrectly? Anyone else having this issue?
Have you left your dog in the back?

Back