What’s your name mean?

" Nuke", as I spent my IBM career on the Nevada Test Site. Never viewed an above-ground detonation, put plenty of artificial earthquakes. My future wife did, arriving on station a bit prior to me.
I think governments need to do a few above ground tests again to remind humanity in 4K VR why we don’t want to escalate wars with nuclear powers around the world.

I think governments need to do a few above ground tests again to remind humanity in 4K VR why we don’t want to escalate wars with nuclear powers around the world.
There are plenty of videos showing the damage the tests inflicted. They built homes, etc. in the blast areas. Or view The Day After. Old, but done very accurately. Agreed, insane the nuclear powers have these weapons on the ready, pointed at each other, and can launch within minutes.

Retired from Active Duty in 07, worked at the FBI's Hazardous Devices School for approx 10 years after that, Corps of Engineers till about a year or so ago.

Now I'm a proud PFC

LOL.

I’m also a happy member of 1st Civ. Div. I have a DD-214 to protect me from USMC fuckery, staff NCO’s, mandatory “fun”, etc.

Well, I got my name after I pledged with my buddy Larry at Delta house. I'm a legacy cause my older brother Fred was a member. The boys welcomed us (sort of), and called him Pinto and me Flounder. We had actually tried to join Omega first, but the pretentious pricks there threw us out. ;)

Retired from Active Duty in 07, worked at the FBI's Hazardous Devices School for approx 10 years after that, Corps of Engineers till about a year or so ago.

Now I'm a proud PFC
Excellent. I'm a former 19k Abrams tanker myself. I left the service in the late 90s, but did most of my time in the 2nd Armored Division. Hell on Wheels! Hooah!

There are plenty of videos showing the damage the tests inflicted. They built homes, etc. in the blast areas. Or view The Day After. Old, but done very accurately. Agreed, insane the nuclear powers have these weapons on the ready, pointed at each other, and can launch within minutes.
Great uncle of mine developed the early warning badges to detect radiation leaks for workers on nuclear sites. Kept trying to retire and the military kept throwing more money at him because they couldn’t find anyone to take his place. Worked at Los Alamos and Lawrence Livermore labs for several years.

Back