What’s that little attention to detail that you love about your new LC?

deftkillerstu

📛 Founding Member
Jun 25, 2024
Charlotte, NC
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser First Edition in Heritage Blue
I’ve had my FE for 2 weeks now and I know it sounds silly, but I love that there is a small ledge to rest your hand on when using the touchscreen. My wife’s Volvo touchscreen doesn’t have this and I will often miss touching the correct part of the screen.
I also like the luggage load protector. I thought it was gimmicky at first, but I like how it protects the back bumper when loading and protects the inside of the rear door if cargo slides and hits it.

Funny whenever I use the touchscreen and rest my hand on the ledge I think about how nice and soft that trim piece is.

I like how simple and clean the interior is. I know some think it looks cheap and plasticy but I prefer it.

I test drove an X5 when shopping for the LC and there were nice things about it for sure, but I felt like it was trying a little too much - especially the ambient lighting strip through the front dash. Seemed overly in your face with “luxuries”.

I also test drove an F150 lariat and that dash was loaded with things - multiple power outlets, big knobs and buttons, storage (kind of nice) trays everywhere. That was too in your face utilitarian for me.

The LC strikes a good balance - subtle & clean, somewhat luxurious and somewhat utilitarian.

Maybe it’s a me thing since my wardrobe is almost exclusively nicely made clothes with no branding. Clean and simple.

Maybe it’s a me thing since my wardrobe is almost exclusively nicely made clothes with no branding. Clean and simple.
Great acronym. This is exactly what the Landcruiser represents.

I am super happy that they used an actual torsen (likely type C) limited slip central differential as opposed to using an open diff with break simulated LSD.

I like all the interior lighting. It's like an airplane with the lights out.
That’s exactly what I fell in love with

Attachments

• IMG_1565.jpeg
    IMG_1565.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 161
I am super happy that they used an actual torsen (likely type C) limited slip central differential as opposed to using an open diff with break simulated LSD.
I really don’t know enough to appreciate what you just said.. but wish I did.

Last edited:
I’ve had my FE for 2 weeks now and I know it sounds silly, but I love that there is a small ledge to rest your hand on when using the touchscreen. My wife’s Volvo touchscreen doesn’t have this and I will often miss touching the correct part of the screen.
I also like the luggage load protector. I thought it was gimmicky at first, but I like how it protects the back bumper when loading and protects the inside of the rear door if cargo slides and hits it.

I miss the place to store my sunglasses under the armrest

I like having max torque at only 1,700 rpms. I've gone over some steep, rutted, gnarly "roads" and the LC just powers up them like a mountain goat.
Keep your head up and your feet on the pegs. I like your avatar. :)

Back