What’s included at delivery.

mikp

📛 Founding Member
Jul 3, 2024
exton pa
Vehicles
amg gts porsche 911 e450 wagon miata
I took delivery of my LC LC today. She is underground color. I noticed the following were missing. 1. Mini hitch cover 2. Hitch slider 3. Mat to protect the rear sill and bumper. The dealer claims this is not part of the deal. Are they correct and did you receive these?

Attachments

• image000000.jpeg
    image000000.jpeg
    231.3 KB · Views: 205
I took delivery of my LC LC today. She is underground color. I noticed the following were missing. 1. Mini hitch cover 2. Hitch slider 3. Mat to protect the rear sill and bumper. The dealer claims this is not part of the deal. Are they correct and did you receive these?
My smaller hitch cover was in the floor compartment right behind the back seats (passenger side). Did you check there for items?

My smaller hitch cover was in the floor compartment right behind the back seats (passenger side). Did you check there for items?
I did check there. Do you happen to have the part number of the hitch slider as this may help my dealer to locate it.

That Underground looks sharp. How do you like it in the flesh?

That Underground looks sharp. How do you like it in the flesh?
Thanks. I was pleasantly surprised how nice it looks in the flesh. Better than expected. In direct sunlight it’s much lighter. I am happy with my choice which was between underground and meteor.

How do I check what comes with the base vehicle? Will they be listed in the delivery checklist, or is there even a checklist?

Lesson Learned: you definitely need to check carefully before you leave the dealership!

Mine came with some port installed options, including "vertical cargo net" for $65. Did not check carefully and about a week later realized it was not there. It was the only one of those PIOs I might have used! (unlike the silly coin/ashtray, cable package and ball receiver which of course were there).

Contacted dealer, but even though it had been a week the sales guy claimed he remembered seeing it in the back of the vehicle (wow... what a memory!) and did not offer to replace it, though he did go to the service department to see if it was taken out during final detailing.

In the end I did not push it and I have to admit that if I missed it, then after a week, it is on me. Probably would have sat unopened for years anyway.

Lesson Learned: you definitely need to check carefully before you leave the dealership!

Mine came with some port installed options, including "vertical cargo net" for $65. Did not check carefully and about a week later realized it was not there. It was the only one of those PIOs I might have used! (unlike the silly coin/ashtray, cable package and ball receiver which of course were there).

Contacted dealer, but even though it had been a week the sales guy claimed he remembered seeing it in the back of the vehicle (wow... what a memory!) and did not offer to replace it, though he did go to the service department to see if it was taken out during final detailing.

In the end I did not push it and I have to admit that if I missed it, then after a week, it is on me. Probably would have sat unopened for years anyway.
Of course he remembered seeing it. Stealership is not going to accept any responsibility.

Is a hitch slider included on the First Editions? Taking delivery next week so just wanted to know what I should be checking for. I haven’t seen anything in writing other than the half hitch cover….

You are so correct. Even though the $ value is not great the principal is what matters. For that reason I dug in and also contacted the Toyota Brand Engagement. They were fantastic and informed me that the dealership would be given 48 hours to rectify. I wait in anticipation………

I did check there. Do you happen to have the part number of the hitch slider as this may help my dealer to locate it.
Took off just for you bud. Smaller hitch cover
part number 5216960230

Attachments

• IMG_6180.jpeg
    IMG_6180.jpeg
    145.7 KB · Views: 109
I also don’t know what a “hitch slider” is. If it some kind of insert, I’ve never seen a vehicle with that accessory. Anyway, the PIO for us was the carpet floor mats and carpet cargo mat. In a box in the back was a set of All Weather mats for the front seat and rear seat. I had to purchase the All Weather cargo at the parts counter. I also received 1/2 cover, trailer pin, owner’s manual materials and a First Aid Kit. I must have scored a couple of extra items…

Back