What will replace the First Edition Trim?

pray2crom

📛 Founding Member
Apr 1, 2024
USA
Vehicles
2017 Toyota Tacoma Limited, 2022 Tesla Model Y
So since Toyota is only doing a limited production run on the first edition what trim will be replacing it? TRD Pro? Platinum? Could we see a third row option that will delete the hybrid which is available in the eruo markets? What additional options you think Toyota will add or maybe remove?

So since Toyota is only doing a limited production run on the first edition what trim will be replacing it? TRD Pro? Platinum? Could we see a third row option that will delete the hybrid which is available in the eruo markets? What additional options you think Toyota will add or maybe remove?
Anybody's guess, I think. My theory, they are not releasing many trim levels, so as not to compete with the forthcoming 4Runner. Just look at the sibling GX550, six trim levels, even two off-road specific.

Nothing. It’ll be the 1958 and the LC.

Same thing as with the Supra, there was a launch edition and then an A91 edition a few years later.

I'm hoping for Platinum with heated rear seats since the feature exists in other markets and the 2025 4Runner Platinum will have them.

From Australia (heated and ventilated rear seats):
2024 Toyota Prado pricing and features: Price rises of up to $12,500 for LandCruiser 250 Series
Prado.jpg

I'd love the headed seats for the back. But it might be for a while since Toyota will be pushing on GX sales after the V6 fiasco, and heated rear seats puts the two products too close to each other. Will probably see it as standard for the refresh cycle,though!

GREAT info! If accurate, my dealer has been dishonest regarding the 2024 window for ordering a LC. They called with glee on 5/17 to say they had great news, that Toyota had starting accepting orders. Heck, the 2024 window had already closed by then.

I'm hoping for Platinum with heated rear seats since the feature exists in other markets and the 2025 4Runner Platinum will have them.

From Australia (heated and ventilated rear seats):
2024 Toyota Prado pricing and features: Price rises of up to $12,500 for LandCruiser 250 Series
View attachment 4262
Wish we had the gold color here in US. That’s the color of my 2000 LC. And I did the AU dollar conversion to US, They seem to be less expensive in Australia.

My guess is that they will get rid of both 1958 and First Edition and we will be left with just the Land Cruiser with packages you can add on for extras, similar to the Premium package you can get now. I don't see them splintering the LC across multiple trims like they do the Tacoma and 4Runner since it is sold globally versus the other 2 that are only sold in North America.

Wish we had the gold color here in US. That’s the color of my 2000 LC. And I did the AU dollar conversion to US, They seem to be less expensive in Australia.
How much cheaper? Could it be related to Australia being much closer and therefore cheaper to ship?

Good question. Toyota is really good at threading the needle among micro niches. The TRD label is usually magic so I gotta believe it will find its way into the picture.

With rumors of a baby LC coming, I think LC will become more of a sub brand like Prius, rather than just a single model.

I have no idea whether or not this is accurate, but I ran across this document predicting that the order book for the Land Cruiser 2025 model year will open on August 1, 2024 and production will begin October 24, 2024.

https://www.wheels.com/fleet/OrderReference/StartupDates_USA.pdf
If this is accurate (which I suspect it is), my dealer was actually honest when they said the model change will be in late summer and the '24's have long been built and closed.

Back