What to do about the horn?

chuckfinley

📛 Founding Member
Jul 4, 2024
LCFcom3!
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser, 2019 4runner, 2021 Tundra, 2021 Sequoia
The horn is....pathetic.
While I would like to change it for the horn of a Mercedes Benz 600 Grosser, practically speaking what options are there?

Lots of folks swapping for the toyota premium horn already discussed on this forum. I havent done it…yet. But just search for premium horn and youll find references to what people are buying.

Thanks! I'll look into that straight away.

In our neck of the woods, it is RARE to hear a horn. Courteous and patient drivers.

Reactions: MJE
In our neck of the woods, it is RARE to hear a horn. Courteous and patient drivers.
Was in South Carolina this weekend. The factory original horn really didn't get the point across to the guy who ran a red light 8 full seconds after the light had changed.

I would rather have had a horn that gave him brown upholstery.

I'm selective in using the horn, but it was warranted then.

Swapped my Subaru horn for a JDM J200/LX570 horn pair. Plug and play. They're Toyota units, and if I can verify that the J250 uses the same connector, I'm probably installing these again.

Wait for the second set of beeps -

I haven’t heard my horn in the 1958. Can’t recall how the horn sounded in the 100 series that I drove for the previous 22 years.

In Alabama, women might horn someone. Men tend to know that such activity is asking for escalation.

Remember when my younger daughter lived near Philly close to a town named Conshohocken (caught ya honkin') . everyone loves to lay on the horn back there. We beep at cows on the road here... They move in their own time. Slow down and enjoy...

Last edited:
The horn has come in handy about 4 times in the last few years to warn people who are changing lanes right into me because I am in their blind spot. That's about the best use for a nice loud 2 tone horn.

Back