What does the 5 beeps mean?

handy

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Aug 11, 2024
Media
Texas
Vehicles
FJ and LC
I have been meaning to post this for months. Why does the LC beep 5 times sometimes? I think it's usually when I lock the car, but it doesn't always happen.

I noticed this happened to me yesterday - did not have a clue what was happening. I left truck running to go back inside to grab something. So I am hearing it is because something was left in the back seat? If so, I would have never figured this one out!

Engine on or rear seat occupied warning, as far as I can tell. It's the general "your leaving the vehicle in a non-standard state" warning.

The beeps are literally the worst aspect of the vehicle. I'm currently staying in a small group of cabins, and I leave pre-dawn. All the beeping the vehicle does is embarrassing and rude. It's 5am and I should start the vehicle to charge my power bank. But I won't do it yet due to the beeping involved. So instead I'm posting here and waiting for it to get closer to dawn.

The beeps are literally the worst aspect of the vehicle. I'm currently staying in a small group of cabins, and I leave pre-dawn. All the beeping the vehicle does is embarrassing and rude
Yep. I broke out the manual after waking up my neighborhood. I turned down the volume on the lock / unlock beeps and the power back door buzzer.

The 5 beep blast rear seat reminder has nothing to do with an object being on the seat, it's tied to the opening of the rear doors - the only option there is to turn it off or to operate the doors in such a way that you avoid it.

Last edited:
Back