Visor Mirror Light Flicker

LC250CO14

đź“› Founding Member
Jul 30, 2024
Media
Parker, CO
Vehicles
2022 Toyota 4Runner TRD Pro
I noticed when I open the mirror cover and move the visor the light will flicker. I'm guessing this has to do with some contact in the visor and it happens on both sides. In 2.5 year I've probably use the one in my 4Runner once or twice, so this isn't a huge deal but seems like such a simple thing that should work without issue.

I noticed when I open the mirror cover and move the visor the light will flicker. I'm guessing this has to do with some contact in the visor and it happens on both sides. In 2.5 year I've probably use the one in my 4Runner once or twice, so this isn't a huge deal but seems like such a simple thing that should work without issue.
Noticed the same on both sides of mine, I don’t know that I will even bring it up to the dealer as I rarely ever use those mirrors.

Yes my driver side did this and my passenger did not. I kept moving it up and down and it became less apparent. I feel like maybe a wire is pinched or something similar. I stopped thinking about it for now but will prob bring it up at the first service.

I had to go check this out on my 4Runner and it works fine with no flicker. Must be something in the visor itself. Not too worried about it at the moment and I really don't want the dealer digging through it until it becomes a "known issue" with an official fix.

I had to go check this out on my 4Runner and it works fine with no flicker. Must be something in the visor itself. Not too worried about it at the moment and I really don't want the dealer digging through it until it becomes a "known issue" with an official fix.
Yeah I am not excited to have a tech tear it apart for a small flicker diag.

Yeah I am not excited to have a tech tear it apart for a small flicker diag.
I tried mine on the driver side and I did not notice any flicker. I’ll try it at night and maybe it’ll be more noticeable if it’s there.

Stop putting your makeup on while driving. Problem solved.

I tried mine on the driver side and I did not notice any flicker. I’ll try it at night and maybe it’ll be more noticeable if it’s there.
I actually did this test today and drivers side was good and passenger side did one small flicker and after that no matter how many times I tried it wouldn’t replicate - so glad for that. But I was able to see mine in daylight, so yours is prob good 👍🏻

Back