USB-C Flash Drive for Music

My guess is it's just like the old MP3 players. You upload folders of MP3's and you can play it right from the USB stick. Good for if you don't' want to use bluetooth or hook up your phone, etc..
Yes, I use it to store music like an old mp3 player. There aren’t too many instances where this is handy, but I like it.

• traveling with my family: I want to use earbuds from my phone for an audiobook and still have stored music available for the rest of the car.
  • tailgating or camping: the music doesn’t cut out when me and my phone wander away from the car.
  • someone borrows the car: not a common thing, but the car has its own music without them having to pair a new device.

My guess is it's just like the old MP3 players. You upload folders of MP3's and you can play it right from the USB stick. Good for if you don't' want to use bluetooth or hook up your phone, etc..
I like to add.... long stretches of Texas highways with poor radio/cell reception.

Yes, I use it to store music like an old mp3 player. There aren’t too many instances where this is handy, but I like it.

• traveling with my family: I want to use earbuds from my phone for an audiobook and still have stored music available for the rest of the car.
  • tailgating or camping: the music doesn’t cut out when me and my phone wander away from the car.
  • someone borrows the car: not a common thing, but the car has its own music without them having to pair a new device.
I do know all USB drives are not created equal. I have purchased two in the past that would not load in my CNC machines, but would load in my computer.

All very good points and some of these I haven’t even thought about. My music collection is over 2 TB so I would have to get a portable SSD drive and try this.

All very good points and some of these I haven’t even thought about. My music collection is over 2 TB so I would have to get a portable SSD drive and try this.
I don't have 2TB but close.........A couple of years ago, I purchased a new digital walkman and currently have approx 3000 titles on it. I used it at work in my cube as radio reception was non-existence. It works on BT in the Taco and those portable JBL speakers. Comes in handy in the mountains.......

Back