Understanding my LC Mileage

SG1234

📛 Founding Member
Jun 15, 2024
California
Vehicles
Land Cruiser
Can someone explain this please. I bought my LC two weeks back from the dealer and I believe the mileage was 9 miles at the time. I drove for nearly 550 miles in two weeks after purchase.

When I start the vehicle I see the below mileage of 9440 for few seconds, and later it settles at 558. I hope I am not looking at some trip information of 558 miles. But I also know the vehicle was shipped to the dealer and it was with them for just 2 days.

So what exactly is this 9440 mi? It is indicative of what? Some software bug? Or, the dealer took for a 9K mile ride.

I was at the DMV yesterday for VIN check and the guy was wondering if it's 9K or 500?

Someone enlighten me please.

LC-I1.jpg

LC-I2.jpg

The person from DMV doing the VIN check accepted 400 miles after some hesitation.

Thanks. I thought about that, but they add up to 9998?
It won't always add up to 10k exactly. There are a couple of sensors monitoring your oil quality. If you drive in a way that is slightly worse for the oil life (short trips, long idles, etc) it'll reduce the miles required until your next oil change.

It won't always add up to 10k exactly. There are a couple of sensors monitoring your oil quality. If you drive in a way that is slightly worse for the oil life (short trips, long idles, etc) it'll reduce the miles required until your next oil change.
You must be getting some hellacious gas mileage if you’ve only filled up three times after all this time 😂😂😂😂😂

Your CA dealer doesn't handle all of your DMV paper work? Or did you not buy in CA?
Yes. I bought the vehicle outside CA to avoid the markups and so I had to make one DMV visit.

All the local dealers in CA were asking for some ridiculous markups ($5K - 10K) and so I paid a $500 deposit to a dealer outside CA for MSRP price. Interestingly, a day before I was about bring the vehicle the local dealer calls me and the offer was MSRP + paint protection. I chose not to take his offer. Amazing how quickly things change.

Yes. I bought the vehicle outside CA to avoid the markups and so I had to make one DMV visit.

All the local dealers in CA were asking for some ridiculous markups ($5K - 10K) and so I paid a $500 deposit to a dealer outside CA for MSRP price. Interestingly, a day before I was about bring the vehicle the local dealer calls me and the offer was MSRP + paint protection. I chose not to take his offer. Amazing how quickly things change.
Too bad, there are multiple dealers with inventory selling at MSRP in the Bay Area.

Too bad, there are multiple dealers with inventory selling at MSRP in the Bay Area.
Between April and June3rd week when I was shopping for LC, not a single dealer was willing to sell at MSRP (and with no accessory add-ons worth $$). In the last three weeks, most dealers dropped their prices to MSRP. I wonder, what changed. Maybe Tesla dropping their ~50K EV to 30K played out here.

Between April and June3rd week when I was shopping for LC, not a single dealer was willing to sell at MSRP (and with no accessory add-ons worth $$). In the last three weeks, most dealers dropped their prices to MSRP. I wonder, what changed. Maybe Tesla dropping their ~50K EV to 30K played out here.
They could have offered me a Tesla for $5K and I would still drive a Land Cruiser. I paid a little over MSRP but I really wanted a First Edition. Have had mine a month and worth it to me.

Back