Un-hiding the Land Cruiser name.

LandCruiserSteve

πŸ“› Founding Member
Jul 21, 2024
Media
Prescott, AZ
Vehicles
2024 1958 Land Cruiser, 1979 FJ40 Land Cruiser, 2007 FJ Cruiser
I thought it was kinda strange that the rear hatch emblems on my LC 1958 highlight the "i-FORCE MAX" engine while camouflaging the iconic vehicle name: "LAND CRUISER." Whose idea was it to put black lettering on a black background? 😳

20240815_075534.jpg

Well, I decided to change all of that. Off came the silly "i-FORCE MAX" emblem (via a plastic spatula) and out came my can of Duplicolor chrome-colored automotive spray paint. After carefully peeling off the two plastic black Land Cruiser lettering emblems from the rear of my LC 1958, I prepped the two pieces and changed the color from black to a nice brushed-chrome color.

20240816_061140.jpg

Since reattaching any sort of emblem adhesive to the back of the lettering blocks would've been a major pain, I used super glue to reapply the words to its original location.

20240816_063415.jpg

So, now the eye is immediately drawn to the two words that are most important: LAND CRUISER

20240816_063347.jpg

I thought it was kinda strange that the rear hatch emblems on my LC 1958 highlight the "i-FORCE MAX" engine while camouflaging the iconic vehicle name: "LAND CRUISER."

I thought the same thing, I'm hoping @StickerFab offers some overlays (I already have his overlay for the rear TOYOTA emblem).

Might try this. I buy it in 2" X 100' rolls. Leave the red backing tape on and use a sharp exacto knife, you can trim to the shape of the emblem, pull off the backing tape and apply to the vehicle, in a week or so it'll be just as good as the OEM application and you can remove it later on if needed

1723923168111.png

I couldn’t agree more
Dude why do that kinda crap? Editing my quote to be in favor of the weird choices they made? Was odd so strong a word and I offended everyone with The Peasant Model ? Lol ....... whatever floats your boat man.

Has anyone gone directly to starter battery for light use when engine is not running arb has a nice unit that screws in for a very secure hook up for refrigerator I am thinking a few hrs at night then inverter for day time use ARB has a auto turn off when running to low.

Dude why do that kinda crap? Editing my quote to be in favor of the weird choices they made? Was odd so strong a word and I offended everyone with The Peasant Model ? Lol ....... whatever floats your boat man.
You’re on the internet, young man. Take yourself and your gigantic bank stacks outside and have yourself a chill πŸ‘ŒπŸ»

OP - looks really good! I've used the @StickerFab overlay for the "TOYOTA" on the rear in a color that matches the front grill emblem pretty close, and have also asked them to create an overlay for the "LAND CRUISER" emblem, so I think they're working on it. I applaud your final result, but I'm a little squeamish removing such an important emblem.
IMG_2060.jpeg

OP - looks really good! I've used the @StickerFab overlay for the "TOYOTA" on the rear in a color that matches the front grill emblem pretty close, and have also asked them to create an overlay for the "LAND CRUISER" emblem, so I think they're working on it. I applaud your final result, but I'm a little squeamish removing such an important emblem.
View attachment 8990
Looks a lot better than I thought it would! I was on the fence whether or not to do the overlay. Can't wait to see the LC overlay.

Back