Transmission overheating issue

You’ll be in good shape after you add an auxiliary transmission cooler, it will probably help out in low speed off road driving too when the torque converter is unlocked. Particularly that linked unit with a fan, if you have a toggle switch to activate it you could keep temps where you want them even at very low forward speeds.

You’ll be in good shape after you add an auxiliary transmission cooler, it will probably help out in low speed off road driving too when the torque converter is unlocked.
I’ll track transmission temps during my first tow, and keep my fingers crossed, but my suspicion is that you are correct about wanting an auxiliary cooler.

I’ll track transmission temps during my first tow, and keep my fingers crossed, but my suspicion is that you are correct about wanting an auxiliary cooler.
The trend of deleting proper transmission coolers on anything but HD pickups is kind of auto industry wide. Really a shame for guys and gals who want to actually tow regularly.

If you are at all worried about weight droop, I have used these helper bags in the past and they work very well. When de-aired to 1-2 PSI the stock suspension works as normal. When air'd up, my Sennia had no "Carolina Squat" at all. Super easy install.

1719513369650.png

If you are at all worried about weight droop, I have used these helper bags in the past and they work very well. When de-aired to 1-2 PSI the stock suspension works as normal. When air'd up, my Sennia had no "Carolina Squat" at all. Super easy install.

View attachment 3546
Thanks - I’ll see how it levels and sows and keep these in mind.
Previously, the load distribution hitch is all I needed to keep everything ice and level.

Thanks - I’ll see how it levels and sows and keep these in mind.
Previously, the load distribution hitch is all I needed to keep everything ice and level.
I didn't need the load hitch after the bags were installed.

Just about any repair shop would be able to install a Xmsn cooler in series with your current cooler. It is a very DIY install. The hardest part is deciding where to mount the cooler. The one below is pretty much a complete kit minus two wires for the temp switch. Xmsn coolers with a fan do NOT have to be mounted at the front of the vehicle. The only important requirement would be ..... unobstructed air passage .... you could mount it in any position as long as it can draw and expel air. As an example under the hood, under the body. Now if your a mudder, under body would not be my first choice. If driving in mud every once in a while, no big deal, just insure mud isn't caked up before you start towing.

W/O physically having hands on the vehicle, there seems to be plenty of areas above the skid plate for unobstructed air and protection from mud, gravel etc....

In addition, I recommend a second manual switch (key on) be incorporated. That way if the temp switch fails for any reason, you can flip the switch and still go about your trip.

View attachment 3535
Thank you so much for the info.
I’m planning to get this to install ? What else should I get to prepare one day install plan?
Can I get the specific info/items for the switch and two wires for temp kit ?

Back