Transmission fluid change

cvx5832LC

๐Ÿ“› Founding Member
Jul 18, 2024
Media
CA
Vehicles
LC
Has anyone done a transmission fluid change? I've seen the PDF posted on this site (attached), but as you can see towards the bottom that there are more pages that relate to temp and level. Does anyone have this? Thanks.

If nobody has done a guide, I'd like to volunteer for the group so we'll have a good discussion going by the time your mileages are due. I'm not a stranger to fluid changes (see log), but I always try to get as close to factory-approved execution, hence the request for the maintenance docs.

Missing docs
1723859228862.png

Log: MotorLogBook - get rid of those binders!

Attachments

• L580F HYBRID TRANSMISSION FLUID REPLACEMENT.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 70
Has anyone done a transmission fluid change? I've seen the PDF posted on this site (attached), but as you can see towards the bottom that there are more pages that relate to temp and level. Does anyone have this? Thanks.

If nobody has done a guide, I'd like to volunteer for the group so we'll have a good discussion going by the time your mileages are due. I'm not a stranger to fluid changes (see log), but I always try to get as close to factory-approved execution, hence the request for the maintenance docs.

Missing docs
View attachment 8441

This!!!^^^^. Thank you. I have been wondering if someone with access to the manuals could put together all the procedures for each maintenance action for every maintenance interval.

Missing docs
View attachment 8441

thank you very much

Looks like we got some interest. If anyone can pull up those missing guides, I'll make a guide by the weekend. Trying not to pay the TIS day fee if I can!

I may have been the one that posted the orig PDF (It looks like my naming convention, not sure as I have posted many) and I didn't download all the related docs because when the time comes for the Xmsn service I'll pay for the flush vs a change. I did want to know how to check the level just in case of a trail repair etc.......

If you still have access, post the remaining docs and I'll post my DIY by the weekend. Ok, maybe next weekend. I have a turbo to work on on my wife's 5

I may have been the one that posted the orig PDF (It looks like my naming convention, not sure as I have posted many) and I didn't download all the related docs because when the time comes for the Xmsn service I'll pay for the flush vs a change. I did want to know how to check the level just in case of a trail repair etc.......
My subscription expired........

Does anyone know if there is a dipstick or way to check the automatic transmission level. I know if get just a little low doesn't perform as well as should.

I don't believe it has a Xmsn dipstick

Attachments

• L580F (HV Xmsn Transaxle)- HYBRID TRANSMISSION FLUID- ADJUSTMENT.pdf
    5.1 MB · Views: 20
I've been collecting every TIS pdf i see on the forums, here's what I've got for Transmission Fluid.

Attachments

• L580F HYBRID TRANSMISSION FLUID REPLACEMENT.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 20
  • L580F HYBRID TRANSMISSION FLUID.pdf
    235.9 KB · Views: 15
Don't be in a hurry to change your automatic transmission fluid. "Itโ€™s important to change your transmission fluid, but the type of transmission you have affects your ideal changing interval. If you drive manual, most manufacturers will recommend changing your transmission fluid every 30,000 to 60,000 miles. If you have automatic, you can typically boost that range up to 60,000 to 100,000 miles."

Thank you, all. I have what I need to proceed. When I get it done I will follow this up with a pictorial and a summary of my experiences to augment the factory guides already shared.

Back