Train spotting our QC delays??

Uncle_Spike

📛 Founding Member
Apr 8, 2024
Media
TN
Vehicles
2022 Jeep Wrangler 4XE, Land Cruiser 2024 FE
I see some of our members are familiar with the various shipping ports and have spotted and photo'd them sitting and waiting. Just curious if anyone knows anything about the rail system. I have a FE that left Portland 4 weeks ago, Delivery was supposed to be last week so I am assuming its sitting in a train yard awaiting a similar fate for a Toyota engineer to sign off on them before they hit the trucks.

Anyone know where any of the major train hubs or holding areas are? Im in TN so I am assuming the train from Portland might stop north of me maybe KY , or Indiana? I am just kind of curious about the whole rail process. Lived very near the rail tracks in TN but it was all Saturns down here =) There must be several big rail hubs that all the various toyotas end up at.

Signed
Bored and Curious

Just came across Union Pacific info but only applies to west coast and north of texas. Actually super cool tells you how they load them, how many to a car etc, how they take care not to damage them etc....... From the Auto Factory to Your Local Dealership

Signed
Slightly more satisfied

It sounds like I am the only one in TN with the first edition. I got mine a week ago in the Memphis area. It was on QC hold and arrived on a Wednesday and they sold it to me. I asked the dealership what the QC holders for and no one knew.

It sounds like I am the only one in TN with the first edition. I got mine a week ago in the Memphis area. It was on QC hold and arrived on a Wednesday and they sold it to me. I asked the dealership what the QC holders for and no one knew.
No there was a member who picked one up at Cool Springs Toyota ion Franklin 3 days before the QC hold. I went to the dealership and checked it out.

Back