ToyotaCare and 5k Oil Change Interval

Lainford Express

📛 Founding Member
Aug 23, 2024
Media
Long Beach, CA
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Land Cruiser 1958
Does anyone have any experience trying to get the dealership to do oil changes at the "Special Operating Conditions" intervals rather than 10k? I wonder as it is in the maintenance log provided by the manufacturer if they'll honor it.

I'd like to do 5k OCI because my plan is to do some light off-roading, but also my daily use is "extreme city-only". It's a 7.5-mi commute with a daycare drop-off/pick-up in the middle and lots of stop-and-go and traffic lights so the auto-engine off is activating quite a bit. I think it could easily be 20+ engine starts each day!

When I had a Toyota Sienna, I'd take the van in every 5,000 miles for the free oil changes. The dealer had no issue with doing the changes at 5K intervals, but since I was only supposed to get three changes, I started changing my own at 20K.

You can ask them to. Toyota care is only for 2 free oil changes. So you will need to pay for starting with 15k.

Good to know about it just being two oil changes! I saw it was worded "two years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first" but it makes sense they'd cap it.

Back