Tire Upgrade ?

Westcott Designs already has 35-inch tires on a GX 550. I would assume the same +35mm wheel and tires would fit with the same modifications done to the Land Cruiser.

Also interesting they fit 17" Method wheels 🤔 Not sure if LC brake specs are the exact same.

I saw his video, I wish it would have included clearance measurement. If you can bolt on 17s but it's less than 5mm clearance I will probably stick to 18s.
IMG_2302.jpeg

Did not measure because it already seemed way more than 5mm clearance. Wheel manufacturer agreed and had no concern.

Westcott Designs already has 35-inch tires on a GX 550. I would assume the same +35mm wheel and tires would fit with the same modifications done to the Land Cruiser.

They’re showcasing their LC250 builds this weekend so we should get more info from the Overland Expo. I’m guessing the leveling kit they used on GX550 will be the same for LC250.

Sounds good, thanks for the info!
Tried on another pair of 17s. Here are some pics from the rear of wheel mounted to show space between brakes and wheels.

Attachments

• IMG_2402.jpeg
    IMG_2402.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 200
  • IMG_2400.jpeg
    IMG_2400.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 192
  • IMG_2401.jpeg
    IMG_2401.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 231
Were any of the wheels you tried Method wheels by chance?
Looks like Westcott Design (via their Instagram story) put some Method wheels on a LC250 for Overland Expo West. Not sure which model but I suspect once the show opens up on May 17th more details will become available.

A bit too aggressive for me but I can appreciate it! I'm looking to keep the OEM 18" wheels and stock suspension, just immediately installing 275 or 285's, likely Wildpeaks. I've modded my last two 4Runners with mild lifts, wheels, tires, bumper winch, etc. I hope to keep stock LC skids but will see if they're heavy enough for the rocky San Juan mountain trails here in Colorado.

Looks AWESOME! Did you buy a set of 4 or did you do the spare as well? I would swap out all 5 and interested if anyone has done all 5 yet and what the fit looks like for the spare as well.
4 for now. I'll get a 5th when a swing gate becomes available....and it looks like Westcott is running one on their setup at Ovlnd Expo. I looked in the spare area underneath at it doesn't appear that it will fit a 33" tire IMO.

Back