Tire Upgrade ?

The Nitto Terra Grappler G3 at 275/70/18 seems like an excellent choice based on size, SL rating, weight, performance, etc.
I am new to the all-terrain tire world. What is the overall perception of Nitto and the Terra Grappler specifically ? Most of the reviews are puff pieces at this point.
I had the G2s put on my 5th gen 4Runner in 2017 and really liked them. It was the same OEM tire they were putting on the TRD pros at the time. I feel they gave it just the amount of aggressive look without sacrificing mileage and ride quality. I did get them in SL stock size. A day before that I had the dealer throw on KO2s C rating in stock size and couldn't stand them. The 5th gen 4runner is already slow and I really recognized the added weight of the tires. Thankfully my service manager said to come right back the next day and swapped tires to the Nittos for no added charge.

There are a few more options this time around. When I get an LC/GX Ill probably go Nittos again or Toyos. I have Toyos on my F150 and have liked them as well. Another option is also Nokian Outpost AT, but they are harder to find.

Back