Tire Recommendation

I'm much too indecisive to have made up my mind yet! (Plus I'm far enough down the waiting list that I still have a good wait before I have to decide!)

I was filling in the table a little more today, it looks like the Toyo's only have a 2 ply sidewall which has got to help make them lighter. The Nokian's I can't find that info, but I suspect it's also 2 ply. (They have a lifetime sidewall damage guarantee though, although I'm not sure it would apply to off-road damage?) Surprisingly the Falken WildPeak A/T4W's are also only 2 ply until you get up to the 285/70R18's, but they're still as heavy as the 3 ply tires. (Sidewall ply info is a little hard to find so take some of this with a grain of salt and let me know if you find good sources, or have a tire in front of you to read it off of!)

I agree the 265 seems too small, as tempting as the low weight is. There's a video from a SEMA session for third party accessory manufacturers where one of the Lexus/Toyota reps said these are designed for a 33" tire, so size wise that's where I'd like to be. 275 probably, I might even think about 285's once I hear more feedback on how they do off-road with lots of flex (and if they fit in the spare location).
Very informative. Thank you. I’m also indecisive and feel the need to be way too thorough. It’s very time consuming haha! Zero rubbing but haven’t pushed this thing hard yet. Have fun with your search!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back