Syed117

📛 Founding Member
Jul 23, 2024
Media
NY
Vehicles
Land Cruiser 250
LC trim with the 20 inch wheels.

Dunlop grandtrek tires with a max psi of 50 or 51. Door sticker mentions a cold pressure of 33.

Dealership had mine at 50. Seems high right? Feel like I need to drop that down, but not sure how the tpms will respond.

Mine were at 43 dropped to 35 and it felt a lot better. will drop to 33 next time I get the chance.

when they ship them they way over inflate them because of strapping them down - compress the suspension instead of the tires. The dealer never lowered the pressure.

This has been pretty much universal across deliveries. They come in off the ship with high pressures, and the dealership never adjusts it.

Drop it to 33-35 cold.

Note that you may need to reset your TPMS pressure setting in the driver information display.

Mine were at 42 and the ride definitely felt jiggly especially at low speed. I lowered them to 35 using my good quality TP monitor. I noticed the difference immediately although the phone app shows them at 38. I left the spare overinflated

Upon picking up my 1958 I noticed it felt extremely harsh. Drove it from KY to AL and checked at home and my tires were inflated to 68psi. Dealer obviously didn’t complete delivery checklist.

I lowered to 33 per specification. I see above many folks mentioning a TPMS reset? Can someone explain where this is and why it’s needed? Is the idea to calibrate to a known inflated pressure? My reported PSI in the instrument cluster matches my analog gauge within a couple PSI.

I lowered to 33 per specification.
I would keep checking them. I did the same. Now they are back up to 34 front, 35 in the rear. So I will keep checking and adjusting them in the morning hours, before driving away.

Upon picking up my 1958 I noticed it felt extremely harsh. Drove it from KY to AL and checked at home and my tires were inflated to 68psi. Dealer obviously didn’t complete delivery checklist.

I lowered to 33 per specification. I see above many folks mentioning a TPMS reset? Can someone explain where this is and why it’s needed? Is the idea to calibrate to a known inflated pressure? My reported PSI in the instrument cluster matches my analog gauge within a couple PSI.
Yes if you reset, it will callibrate at that current pressure and low pressure yellow light will only come on when it drops below that pressure

LC trim with the 20 inch wheels.

Dunlop grandtrek tires with a max psi of 50 or 51. Door sticker mentions a cold pressure of 33.

Dealership had mine at 50. Seems high right? Feel like I need to drop that down, but not sure how the tpms will respond.
I dropped mine (Toyo Open Country A/T III LT 265/60R/20) to 35 cold after NTB installed them @ 40.

Back