Thoughts after test driving the 2024 LC yesterday.

MovingUptoLC

đź“› Founding Member
Jul 16, 2024
Media
New England
Vehicles
4Runner
Yesterday, I test drove a LC Trim in Meteor Shower, Black Leather, Premium Package, 20" Wheels and a few other cosmetic options. 7 minutes on local roads, 5 minutes on highway. For reference, I'm moving up from a 2016 4Runner, and a 2008 4R before that, and this is a really nice step up!

The ride felt rough. I noted on the dash that the tire pressures were at 52! Salesman thought that was normal, but looking at the manual, it was 20psi too high, and I'm sure that contributed to it.

Acceleration on the highway was very smooth. Not pin you in the back of the seat fast, but it accelerated nicely up to 60.

Meteor Shower is really nice. I thought I wanted Underground, but now 75/25. I'm thinking the MS will look cleaner, longer, especially in the winter with road salt?

The Integrated Dash Cam is super annoyingly in your line of sight, with a big red button. Having to buy a LC with that permanently installed would be a deal breaker for me.

Seems like everyone wants the 18" wheels over the upgraded 20" wheels. Why? Better ride? Do the wheels have the same design, just different radius - I can't find a clear side by side pic.

Saw another LC that had been sold with Java interior. Felt it was less tan and more chocolate brown compared to the pics online.

I don't think the trailer hitch cover is not as big a deal as it is made out to be. Yes, it's weird and awkward, but I'm never going to be looking at - just the guy behind me!

The dealer had been pricing all of their LCs at $5-10k above MSRP. But the LC I drove yesterday was unreserved and available at MSRP.

What else is there to say? What else should I be thinking about in my decision to buy?

PS - Hello all! Been a lurker for the past month and found a lot of helpful info in these forums. Thank you!

Did it have the stock tires on it? If so, definitely too high. Probably too high even if it had the Nittos.

The first one I ordered had the 20s and you get many more tire options. I ended up getting a different vehicle with 18s. 18s give you more rubber so if you are going offload you can air them down. Better in case you hit a curb as well.

The ride with the stock tires are great. Makes me 2nd guess getting bigger, more aggressive A/T tires. I think the LC has plenty of power. Still getting use to the gas pedal when the vehicle shuts off when you’ve been at a red light or stop sign. I’ve been driving in ECO and going to try Normal mode to see if there is a difference.

I’ve been happy with my purchase and have gotten many compliments. Mine is Underground. It does show water spots from the morning dew pretty bad but I’m also coming from a Silver truck that didn’t show them much.

Welcome to the forum! 52 PSI, wow! No small wonder it felt every bump!
Dealer did that to us (50 psi!) in our '21 RAV4 Prime (stupid me, I assumed they'd deliver with proper pressure). Ended up getting a shoulder flat at 500 miles, the over-pressure almost certainly contributed to it. I shit-canned the other three brand new Yokos, replaced with Falken AT3 (dealer bought one of them in recompense).

It's silly how many dealers aren't taking care of this.

My dealer removed the dashcam, at my request, before i took delivery. Awful awful piece of kit in an even worse location

Welcome. I think you hold the record at 52 psi.

Sounds like you've been a Toyota guy for years so I think you'll enjoy the transition.

Back