The Car Care Nut reviews the 2024 Landcruiser

Best review I've seen of the engine / engineering. I picked up a few pearls I did not know about. Great views under the LC!

I think his concern about the placement of the battery is dead on. I can live with it, but I think they can and should do better.

I believe the concern about the 132 lb / 60 kg weight limit for the storage area cover board is overblown. That area is only about 7 inches and adjacent to the rear hatch. I can't conceive of how you could put enough load on it to break it (or the mirror storage area that is behind the second row of seats). He seems to think the warning applies to the whole trunk area. You should have zero issues weight loading with tents, refrigerator, etc. Other than the space lost to the battery...

Storage Cover Warning.jpeg

Storage Area - Cover.jpeg

Last edited:
I believe the concern about the 132 lb / 60 kg weight limit for the storage area cover board is overblown. That area is only about 7 inches and adjacent to the rear hatch. I can't conceive of how you could put enough load on it to break it. He seems to think the warning applies to the whole trunk area.
I posted that question on another thread and think you're right, it must be the storage tray lid only, which isn't a big deal. 60kg limit in the cargo area just doesn't make sense.

I think the only concern would be ‘I might crack this damn plastic lid trying to load/unload this heavy ass thing’ once in a while.

What a fantastic review. Just ordered one yesterday (although not the base model) and am super excited to see the quality build.

I love Ahmed. He is honest, highly knowledgeable, a great teacher, and easy to listen to. My favorite YouTube car guy. By far!!
I have to agree. There’s very few YouTube videos I can even get through one of. His I can watch everything put out. His knowledge & enthusiasm for Toyotas surely has contributed to my seriously considering one (LC, 4R, or GX) for my next one.

Interesting how much of the back end of the LC 250 is common with the 5th Gen 4Runner (which I take as a very good thing for longevity).

Back