Storage

Captain Trips

📛 Founding Member
Mar 23, 2024
Media
Mom’s Basement
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser FE Black, 2012 FJ Cruiser Black
My last two vehicles had a lot of interior storage. They both had sunglass holders, center consoles, little nooks, and crannies. The new Land Cruiser doesn’t have any storage spaces whatsoever. The center console is a cool box. There is no sunglass holders. There is no little tiny nook, crannies, or compartments.

My question is, where are you guys storing any of the odds and ends that you always carry in your vehicles? I always carry a handgun and I used to keep it in the center console. Without that option where are you guys storing things like this? Mine doesn’t fit well in the glove box and I have other items that I keep in there.

Yeah, a bit concerned about the lack of storage as I recently had and sold a new Defeder 110 which had storage bins, ledges, shelves and nooks everywhere! Here's to hoping the clever aftermarket comes up with some solutions that look good and are functional.

Last edited:
My last two vehicles had a lot of interior storage. They both had sunglass holders, center consoles, little nooks, and crannies. The new Land Cruiser doesn’t have any storage spaces whatsoever. The center console is a cool box. There is no sunglass holders. There is no little tiny nook, crannies, or compartments.

My question is, where are you guys storing any of the odds and ends that you always carry in your vehicles? I always carry a handgun and I used to keep it in the center console. Without that option where are you guys storing things like this? Mine doesn’t fit well in the glove box and I have other items that I keep in there.
I wasn't aware of the lack of storage. That's bad for me as my vehicle is a bit of a mobile office, and my Tundra has HEAPS of clever storage. That is one reason I'm not getting the premium - I want the storage over a beer...er'...water cooler box.

Storage is indeed an issue. I have resorted to keeping my sunglasses in the bottom door pocket :(
That sucks. Last thing I want is my reading glasses rattling around inside. Might have to get creative. Seriously Toyota...no sunglasses holder?? My '07 Tundra's centre console is big enough to hold a hanging file folder FFS.

The cool box is a neat idea but I agree I'd rather have a big center console. In my FJ80 I put a safe in the center console, it was awesome. I have resorted to a small under the seat safe now. It's not as convenient but it works. Hopefully there will be some aftermarket ideas in the future to address the lack of storage.

The cool box is a neat idea but I agree I'd rather have a big center console. In my FJ80 I put a safe in the center console, it was awesome. I have resorted to a small under the seat safe now. It's not as convenient but it works. Hopefully there will be some aftermarket ideas in the future to address the lack of storage.
I had a cool box in my last Range Rover Sport. It was a novel idea, however, I never used it. It actually didn't work very well as it maintained a temp well above a nice "chilled" temperature. I believe the English may drink their ales warmer than we do.

This is the first thing I noticed. I have kids, need lots of space to store the always needed crap. I have not figured it out as of yet. I doubt I will use the cooler box, it still isnt big enough for my stuff

It does seem to be lacking in cubby/close-by-to-the-driver storage, but the door pockets are decent size, and the storage trays surrounding the battery are nice for the odds-n-ends emergency gear at least...

I'm not affiliated or anthing, but I found this on Amazon and it arrived today:

I've never bothered with seat-gap fillers before, but I was still looking to improve the easily-accessible storage situation (aside from the cool box). This seems to be fairly well made, it's stiff, fits the 1.5"+ gap between the seat/console and matches the black interior pretty well. I don't like things being visible, but this will now act as a holder for my sunglasses and misc items.

IMG_9717.jpg

@LChopeful does that seat gap filler pouch move (either forward/backward or down toward the floor) every time the engine is turned off and the seat moves to the exit position? Or when the seat moves to your saved position when starting up the LC? Do you have to constantly readjust the filler's position?

@LChopeful does that seat gap filler pouch move (either forward/backward or down toward the floor) every time the engine is turned off and the seat moves to the exit position? Or when the seat moves to your saved position when starting up the LC? Do you have to constantly readjust the filler's position?
Good point. Yes, it would, except that I turned all that off anyway. It is attached to the seat-belt clip, so I expect it would move in tandem somewhat. Althogh, all that rubbing back and forth would not be great I imagine.

Thought this might be helpful to see the list of storage places in the manual . This does not show the storage in the side of the doors and shows storage features available on 3rd row seats which currently are not offered in the US. It does appear the glove box can be locked with the manual key which is good.
Screenshot 2024-06-09 at 8.31.39 AM.png

Back