SmartPath Delivery Status Explained - 2024 Land Cruiser

keaplogik

📛 Founding Member
Jun 21, 2024
Media
Kentucky
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
I am wondering if anyone with current experience can explain the statuses that show in SmartPath?

IMG_3518.jpeg

What I know is that these three statuses show before delivery to the dealer.
A = Assembly Line
F = Freight Train
G = In Route to dealership

Reference

For an overseas build, I’m wondering when these statuses change. I’ve seen screenshots from what I assume are dealers view of status. These have more details as seen in the screen.

1719629456581.png

I’d love to know if it stays in build phase until it makes it to a country and actually lands on freight to the dealer? If you have insight or experience, please share! Us in the next pool stuck in build would love some insight on the process.
If anyone could map SmartPath statuses to these dealer statuses I’d appreciate it.

Well, I messaged my dealer, and I did get a screenshot of the current status. I can confirm that the vehicle remains in the build phase on Smart Path until it's past processing, then it's in transit at "Rail Depart." Glad I checked because it's still sitting in build status in smart path but looks like things are moving along smoothly.
74171504884__87672CA1-554E-444A-980E-2EB1A6E2F22C.jpg

Mine stayed in build phase even while at port. It only recently moved to in transit. Which my dealer says means it has hit the rail system in my case.

I'm thinking they may stay in "Build" status until all the Port Installed Options are completed and ready to load onto a train or truck. Just guessing here though.

I guess we’re alll so used to clear Amazon tracking that this has become our obsession to figure out this black box!

In the Gulf State Toyota region, I think I have figured out that most land cruisers and forerunners coming from Japan are delivered to Benicia, and will remain under the jurisdiction of Toyota motor company until they’re delivered to the Houston vehicle processing center via rail (10 days?) at which time Gulf States Toyota takes possession and you’ll see a sticker generated. That vehicle processing center is considered the “port” and once it’s ready (and all the regional crap installed) and placed on a truck, it will change to freight and hopefully be delivered to your location within a week or so.

Back