Small missing features which makes the whole experience dull

Weird, today I let my wife drive my car for few minutes than when I got back in the driving seat, I pressed Set 1 to get back to my settings and nothing happened. I had to turn the car off, get out of the car than it magically worked.

The car has to be in park while running for the memory buttons to work. :)

I have the foot sensor on my Venza for the rear tailgate, even after installing a Class III trailer hitch, it still works the 1st time 95% of the time. It does look a little weird, like you are kicking your car, but it has come in handy a few times...

I wish they installed a faster computer for the center and instrument cluster screens. The screens are laggy, and while it is a minor annoyance, there is no excuse to have laggy screens on any device in 2024. An adequately fast computer would probably not cost more than $50 compared to what they installed.

I wish they installed a faster computer for the center and instrument cluster screens. The screens are laggy, and while it is a minor annoyance, there is no excuse to have laggy screens on any device in 2024. An adequately fast computer would probably not cost more than $50 compared to what they installed.
Wonder if there would be a way to update the processor. Probably way too complicated and break their software. Lets hop @EOD Guy shows us the way.

I have the foot sensor on my Venza for the rear tailgate, even after installing a Class III trailer hitch, it still works the 1st time 95% of the time. It does look a little weird, like you are kicking your car, but it has come in handy a few times...
I agree, this is very helpful when you are carry things and don't have a free hand to open the tailgate.

Wonder if there would be a way to update the processor. Probably way too complicated and break their software. Lets hop @EOD Guy shows us the way.
They can potentially optimize their software to run better, assuming that there is still room to grow. I don’t think hardware swap would be possible considering how integrated the electronics of the car is.

They can potentially optimize their software to run better, assuming that there is still room to grow. I don’t think hardware swap would be possible considering how integrated the electronics of the car is.
My wife's vehicle was supposed to come with Carplay through an update when we bought it. Advertised by Honda but never delivered. We swapped out a future year but same model head unit which was basically plug and play and she now has Carplay and it works great. It will be interesting to see if we are able to do something similar with these as future year infotainment and processors get updated.

Nice suggestions but I’d settle for a direct feedback line to the “engineers” responsible for Front Cross Traffic Alert. Walk away locking would be my biggest ask on that list. The foot to open rear hatch feature has made me look like a fool on 4 successive vehicles, so no thanks.
Ha. Same. My 2016 Tahoe has it in theory, but in reality I dance around twice, give up, and push the button.

Back