LC_DFW

đź“› Founding Member
Jul 30, 2024
Media
DFW
Vehicles
2024 LCLC
I have a LC trim with premium package, Heritage Blue MSRP $70,350

I feel like Toyota can elevate the whole experience by including these minor details on a $70K SUV.

Window shades
Hands free tailgate (Rav4, Highlander, Venza, Crown and Sequoia have this feature)
Automatic unlock ALL doors when approaching the vehicle with keys in your pocket/purse (this is basic in 2024)
Driver side memory seats won't work if the car is on in drive. Why??
Bigger fuel tank, specially only getting 19MPG
Sunglasses holder (WTF decision on Toyota)
Adjustable sliding rear seats

Last edited:
DFW, what do you mean by “hands free tailgate?” You can open and close it from the button on the dash, and obviously, the button on the tailgate itself. Maybe I just don’t understand what you’re looking for…

DFW, what do you mean by “hands free tailgate?” You can open and close it from the button on the dash, and obviously, the button on the tailgate itself. Maybe I just don’t understand what you’re looking for…

Never had issue with memory seats with car running
Weird, today I let my wife drive my car for few minutes than when I got back in the driving seat, I pressed Set 1 to get back to my settings and nothing happened. I had to turn the car off, get out of the car than it magically worked.

Mmmm - JLR had terrible issues with gesture tail gates - always remember being on a shoot behind another one and the tailgate opened as he was crossing a stream and guns and all sorts falling out - I won’t miss that feature

I think he means passing your foot under the bumper and it opens. My Lexus NX did that.

@LC_DFW the automatic unlock for all doors is a setting you can change in the head unit!
But you still have to touch the door handle to unlock the vehicle. OP is talking about just walking up to the vehicle and it magically unlocks I believe. Just like the people complaining about automatic lock when walking away. It just doesn’t happen and it’s not designed to.

But you still have to touch the door handle to unlock the vehicle. OP is talking about just walking up to the vehicle and it magically unlocks I believe. Just like the people complaining about automatic lock when walking away. It just doesn’t happen and it’s not designed to.
Yes, I am talking about doors unlocking automatically when approaching the vehicle with the key in your pocket or wallet.

Yes, I am talking about doors unlocking automatically when approaching the vehicle with the key in your pocket or wallet.
The car is probably capable of this since puddle lights do turn on when you get close. But Toyota elected not to implement it.

Seems like a bit of an identity crisis here. The 1958 is a back to basics overlander in the tradition of older Land Cruisers. The FE and LC Premium pack in the goodies to make it a luxury vehicle/freeway flier.

Those of us that want the 1st option scoff at some of these extras, but with all that the FE and LCP already offer they certainly would not be out of place and maybe that is what that part of the market expects.

I'd like Toyota to keep it simple and let the LC just be an old school LC, put the luxury and Tech in the GX. But they didn't so people are going to ask for even more of that stuff. Fair game.

Mmmm - JLR had terrible issues with gesture tail gates - always remember being on a shoot behind another one and the tailgate opened as he was crossing a stream and guns and all sorts falling out - I won’t miss that feature

Agreed it’s an off-road vehicle the wave to open sensor is going to get fooled or fouled in off-road use.

Assuming it works right at all. Motion sensing faucets turn us all into shitty magicians trying to abra-cadabra water out of gas station bathroom faucets. Do you really want the same experience using your tailgate?

Seems like a bit of an identity crisis here. The 1958 is a back to basics overlander in the tradition of older Land Cruisers. The FE and LC Premium pack in the goodies to make it a luxury vehicle/freeway flier.

Those of us that want the 1st option scoff at some of these extras, but with all that the FE and LCP already offer they certainly would not be out of place and maybe that is what that part of the market expects.

I'd like Toyota to keep it simple and let the LC just be an old school LC, put the luxury and Tech in the GX. But they didn't so people are going to ask for even more of that stuff. Fair game.

The problem with keeping the LC exclusivity simple and only allowing more options on the GX is that Lexus dealers have a very limited network in many parts of the country. Furthermore Lexus customer service if you live far away from a dealership sucks a giant bag of dicks, as my mother is discovering with her RX350. Need warranty work or have a breakdown 300-500 miles from the nearest dealer? Well Lexus will eventually get around to arranging transport in the meantime get fucked, at least that’s the message she got on Friday of last week.

Not trying to offend or knock anybody...........

I see where the base model LC could be more stripped down for the back to basic off-roaders. Get rid of all the electronics and revert back to manual cables and levers. Manual transmission, transfer cases with sticks vs buttons, rubber floor coverings vs carpet, manual windows and locks. However, I don't see where there would be a huge market in the US for a bare bones capable vehicle. It would be great if Toyota had a build your own capability. Frame, cab, engine and tires is "X" amount. You want A/C add this amount, you want lockers, add this amount etc..... It will never happen but would be nice.

My old Taco was that, as bare as it got and lasted a very long time without much being done to it. It was a great truck had many fun 4 wheeling trips. I was young, strong and full of adventure and didn't mind the harsh ride. Now I'm a little older don't say "Hold my beer and watch this" near as much as I used to. Financially I'm way better off, occasionally still like to take a trip, do some medium off roading and drive back home without hauling a rig (it's 2100 miles round trip back to where my people are from). So the LC with all the do-dads is a perfect fit me.

Nice suggestions but I’d settle for a direct feedback line to the “engineers” responsible for Front Cross Traffic Alert. Walk away locking would be my biggest ask on that list. The foot to open rear hatch feature has made me look like a fool on 4 successive vehicles, so no thanks.

Back