🧡 Wanted Single extra crossbar for FE OEM Roof Rack

DctrEvil

📛 Founding Member
Nov 21, 2023
Media
Little Rock, AR
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser LC Trim
This may be a reach, but if anyone is willing to "part out" their First Edition OEM Roof rack and sell each of the four cross bars that it comes with, I bet you'd quickly have four takers here. Sign me up as the first one interested!
I've posted my temp fix previously here, but it's like Toyota forgot to include the fifth crossbar with the rack! There's an empty space and mounting point for this elusive fifth crossbar, but it's just not there! Perhaps at some future time, Toyota will offer these for sale individually, as we may damage one and need replacement. For the life of me, the closest thing I could find, was the one described in my linked post. Thanks!

Me too! I just asked on another thread if anyone has identified the manufacturer, so they may be able be contacted directly.

I’ve heard that the FE roof rack is made by Toyota and that individual parts for it won’t be available until later this year.

Is it correct that this additional single crossbar can only be installed in one specific spot towards the rear of the FE rack? I see some seemingly available bolts at that one spot.

yes

Attachments

• 20240917_162811.jpg
    20240917_162811.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 11
Don't have my rack yet, but I've heard the crossbars are different lengths; maybe someone could measure theirs?

Anyway, here is Toyota's part number for the FE rack crossbar (apparently recently released, shown now on many dealer sites):

PT970-60241-CB

Mine should be here in a week, around the time the rack shows up. Will measure then if no one else has.

Reactions: RBB
I am hearing from dealer parts dept. that the single FE rack crossbar (PT970-60241-CB) is on backorder. Does anyone know if it is actually available anywhere for immediate shipment?

I do see it listed on several online sites, but am wondering if placing an order would just lead to a notification of backorder even though the credit card is charged.

Back