Side mirror vibration anyone?

DGK

đź“› Founding Member
May 28, 2024
California
Vehicles
1958 landcruiser
I am about 200 miles in on ny 1958 and i just started noticing my driver side mirror vibrating at high way speeds. Passenger side looks good. Anyone have a similar experience

Last edited:
Mine rattles. It’s not that bad and I only really notice if I look for it or need to use thet mirror. Seems like it happens on quite a few so hopefully they solve the fix.

Noise wise I don’t hear it from the rattling but the big mirror def cause wind noise. I have an FE and believe the wind noise starts with mirror and roof rack around 40mph, then builds up to by those + massive flat windshield at highway speeds (65-80).

If you turn up the music you can’t really hear it. Tbh it’s not terrible overall and think it’s maybe amplified bc I find the cabin to be very quiet under 40mph. Surprisingly quiet personally… but coming from a 2012 audi q5 with roof racks that is super noisy so maybe my view is skewed.

Reactions: DGK
Mine rattles. It’s not that bad and I only really notice if I look for it or need to use thet mirror. Seems like it happens on quite a few so hopefully they solve the fix.

Noise wise I don’t hear it from the rattling but the big mirror def cause wind noise. I have an FE and believe the wind noise starts with mirror and roof rack around 40mph, then builds up to by those + massive flat windshield at highway speeds (65-80).

If you turn up the music you can’t really hear it. Tbh it’s not terrible overall and think it’s maybe amplified bc I find the cabin to be very quiet under 40mph. Surprisingly quiet personally… but coming from a 2012 audi q5 with roof racks that is super noisy so maybe my view is skewed.
Thanks for chiming in. Yea im super OCD and look for vibration ever chance i get. But its really not that bad.

I noticed the mirror vibration right away. To me it seems a design flaw not manufacturing defect. One of several small annoyances I've discovered in the first week.
Why are the mirrors so tall? Wind force creates a lot of torque on the swivel joint.

Back