Shipping Vessel Tracking Thread

A Land Cruiser that I'm close to putting a deposit on is supposed to depart Japan tomorrow, 6/21... I haven't gotten the name of the ship, anyone else got one on this one maybe?

Confirmation your vehicle is on Indiana Highway arriving in Benicia (by San Francisco) on July 02.
IMG_9990.jpeg

IMG_9989.jpeg

I just checked too, weird. Now I'm not show which ship my vehicle is on. There has to be another ship we don't know about heading to Long Beach.
Got an update that the ship arrived in port and is in processing center. Maybe it arrives in SF and not LA.

IMG_1225.jpeg

My LC just arrived at port earlier today. Anybody know generally how long it takes from arriving at port to processing? Is it hours, days, weeks? Thanks.

View attachment 3641
My LC just arrived at port earlier today. Anybody know generally how long it takes from arriving at port to processing? Is it hours, days, weeks? Thanks.
Depends upon how much further it has to to reach the dealership and the modes of transport. Rail and/or another boat ride mean weeks. For example, units arriving in Anchorage today, typically arrived in Portland (Japanese built models) ~6wks ago and left Japan ~two months ago. (Unless, like this last month, 1 of the 6 barges serving Anchorage goes down and vehicles are lowest priority…).

Depends upon how much further it has to to reach the dealership and the modes of transport. Rail and/or another boat ride mean weeks. For example, units arriving in Anchorage today, typically arrived in Portland (Japanese built models) ~6wks ago and left Japan ~two months ago. (Unless, like this last month, 1 of the 6 barges serving Anchorage goes down and vehicles are lowest priority…).
The dealership is in Tennessee. The dealer website listing estimates arrival between 7/10 to 8/12 and there are no port installed options to add so hopefully it will go smoothly.

With my LC (mid-grade trim w/PP) hopefully arriving in Benicia tomorrow on Michigan Highway as per @Trailman 's amazing input, I was wondering if anyone has any knowledge of the next steps? My dealership is part of Gulf States Toyota, which apparently stage everything out of a processing center in Houston.

Assuming that the ship will unload everything at Benicia (and not travel on around via Panama Canal to Houston?), then would it be processed in Benicia or be put on rail directly to Houston to be processed there?

Its ETA is supposedly 7/23, and we're about 7 hours from Houston, so things will have to move quickly! My dealer unfortunately doesn't have much more info, other than "its not on hold".

Last edited:
Back