Shelving in 2024 LC

Marinna

📛 Founding Member
Jun 18, 2024
Media
California
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
Does anybody have a good suggestion/examples to build a shelving system and/or sleeping area in the new LC? I do not want to simply build a platform and have all the space under wasted. I am trying to figure out a nice solution I can usethe bottom as storage or some kind of vault.

Given we have our hybrid battery now in the cargo space it might be a bit trickier to get it right.

I like the Solid Wood Worx platform and drawers. They said as soon as someone in California can stop by their shop with an LC to measure they’ll put one out. I’ve seen they have sleep extensions for over the folded down seats.

The other cool thing about them is that they offer very cheap DIY plans for their systems, if you have the ability to build your own.

IMG_6756.jpeg

Last edited:
I like the Solid Wood Worx platform and drawers. They said as soon as someone in California can stop by their shop with an LC to measure they’ll put one out. I’ve seen they have sleep extensions for over the folded down seats.

View attachment 5777
Looks like they’re in San Diego. I will pay them a visit.

The other cool thing about them is that they offer very cheap DIY plans for their systems, if you have the ability to build your own.

View attachment 5777
I had thought that this is what I will build for my LC FE when I get it. I plan on using 3/8” or 1/2” Baltic Birchfor the top and bottom, with 3/4” Baltic birch for the risers, secured with Festool dominoes and epoxy. I will build the drawers with dovetailed corners (Porter Cable Jig) with African mohagony drawer fronts. The risers, between the top and bottom, will serve as “I Beem” type construction for rigidity when weight is on top of the drawer system.

Was just taking measurements to see what could work. Thinking of minimal drawers for a slide-out induction stove on the outlet side and TBD storage on the other. Light weight and folding will be the goals as I don’t want them in the car all the time, and want flexibility when camping to still use the back seats for day trips.

Maybe similar to the BamBeds leveling platform but with more cutouts to save weight and shallow slide-out drawers beneath the back part.

These empty plastic container come with the car can only hold 120 lbs. I think for a solid sleeping platform they probably need to be removed to install the shelf on a more stable foundation, but then we have an uneven cargo platform that drawer will be very shallow.

BTW I like that Toyota put the battery on the left side like many Lexus did, thinking we can maybe build a battery extension for offroad or camping light, I even think with a drawer/shelf system maybe we can even integrate a small compressor to it

Last edited:

View attachment 5777
this looks cool, although the drawer will be at least a few inches higher to leave space for hybrid battery. I would imagine if they can pre-cut all the pieces a DIY should be pretty easy with minimal tools needed

this looks cool, although the drawer will be at least a few inches higher to leave space for hybrid battery. I would imagine if they can pre-cut all the pieces a DIY should be pretty easy with minimal tools needed
Ya that’s what they call their precut kits and they’re more expensive. But if you want to buy and cut the wood yourself, they sell just the plans for a low cost.

I stopped by last week…they’re working up some concepts now. I’ll post here as soon as they’re done, but it will probably be a few weeks because they are all out on the road right now…hopefully enjoying themselves.

I toured the shop, super impressive. I think they are going to come up with some amazing options!!!

More to follow…..

View attachment 5777
If they need a third or fourth please let me know. I'm also in Southern California and would love to stop by.

Does anybody have a good suggestion/examples to build a shelving system and/or sleeping area in the new LC? I do not want to simply build a platform and have all the space under wasted. I am trying to figure out a nice solution I can usethe bottom as storage or some kind of vault.

Given we have our hybrid battery now in the cargo space it might be a bit trickier to get it right.
Goose gear makes a platform that just came out. However, it's very expensive and I don't like the design that much because it gets rid of all the storage by the hatch door.

Making all that space useless because if you open the hatch door whatever is stored there will fall out.

I look forward to seeing other companies designs

Was just taking measurements to see what could work. Thinking of minimal drawers for a slide-out induction stove on the outlet side and TBD storage on the other. Light weight and folding will be the goals as I don’t want them in the car all the time, and want flexibility when camping to still use the back seats for day trips.

Maybe similar to the BamBeds leveling platform but with more cutouts to save weight and shallow slide-out drawers beneath the back part.
Yes, I removed my second row seating and if I don't find something to purchase that will make a flat surface without raising it and reducing the already limited headroom because of the hybrid battery. I would definitely consider purchasing that.

Let us know if you'd like to know more! We have a sleeping platform + drawer system that allows your 2nd row to be kept in place (our sleeper converts between stowed/deployed via a patented mechanisms to secures it in place both stowed and deployed)

image1.jpeg

Back