Shelf for cargo area

flyingtrotter

đź“› Founding Member
May 30, 2024
Media
UK
Vehicles
FFRR (Trail Dust/Sand First Edition in UK spec on order)
For my L322 Range Rover I fabricated a shelf that allows me to raise my dogs TransK9 travel crate up and store shotguns and other things under it

For the Landcruiser I would like something similar - is anyone aware of any companies already offering storage solutions

I know. Lot of overlanders like drawer systems and slides for fridges and cooking gear - I am looking for a more minimalist solution as I just want to raise the Dogs crate and make better use of the space beneath it . In the UK I would expect Gearmate and their competitors to produce something but so far I have not seen anything being marketed perhaps because the vehicle is not here yet

Our system can be purchased without the drawers/sleeper to create just the shelf you are mentioning. We haven't installed that with a 250 yet, but here's a (very old, out of date!) photo of the platform only as installed in a 100 LC

image2.jpeg

20230823_124256.jpg

The issue I have is the central struts - I want to slot shotguns diagonally and place a dog crate and Labrador on top - with the full length strengthening it would not be possible

The issue I have is the central struts - I want to slot shotguns diagonally and place a dog crate and Labrador on top - with the full length strengthening it would not be possible

Ah that makes sense! You could likely still get the shotguns in diagonally, that's not a solid wall in center, so perhaps they could be angled into the structure?

20230823_124251.jpg

Thanks - it looks like it wastes valuable space by causing anything slotted to be held up from the floor by the 2 inches or more section that forms the frame of the support

Hopefully there will be other solutions available in time but thanks for replying

Depending on how long your specific shotguns are, we also have some options within a key-locking drawer!

In the first pic we had a customer that was regularly transporting some long rifles, and we found that creating cutouts in the drawer back allowed the barrells to extend beyond the drawer.

The second pic is for some shorter, collapsible stock rifles that we created a rack for so they could be held securely in place.

20231201_140414.jpg

20230426_150159.jpg

There is no way that would be an answer - a shotgun slip for a 30/32 inch barren shotgun is 54 inches long generally - I want to be able to accommodate 2 double slips hence the diagonal requirement across the cargo area of an SUV like a Landcruiser - I don’t have my new LC yet as UK deliveries are Sept/Oct but elsewhere on here I saw it suggested the cargo area is 42 inches deep with 2nd row seats in place - if it’s around 50 inches wide the diagonal should be sufficient at over 60 inches (by my rough maths)

Back