Saving Settings

Ok, I’ll definitely try that - I’ve been reading different sections of my manual - if that’s in the manual I’ve not got to that part
Thank u

Has anyone found a way to permanently disable the front cross traffic alert (FCTA)? Or does anyone know Carista has an option to turn it off?

Carista does not have that option. The only thing I was able to change w/ Carista is I eliminated the 'seatbelt' dinging :)

That's good to know... thanks. It may be worth getting just to turn off the dinging.
I checked out Carista’s change log for past software updates and it looks like they add functionality for vehicles from time to time. I’m hopeful that they will add more options for the LC 250 in a future update since it isn’t even officially supported yet.

I checked out Carista’s change log for past software updates and it looks like they add functionality for vehicles from time to time. I’m hopeful that they will add more options for the LC 250 in a future update since it isn’t even officially supported yet.
They have a beta program available with beta features. There’s information on their website and I believe it’s open to anyone to sign up for.

You need to save the setting using the button on the drivers door. Press "set" and then select either 1 or 2 to save them. you should hear a "confirming" loud beep. That setting will be linked to the key fob used to open the car, and will be linked with the user profile shown on the center screen. I am not certain, but think you can save two presets under each user profile shown (using buttons 1 and 2).
According to the manual, I believe the memory setting in the driver's door (1 & 2) only save/recall the driver’s seat,
steering wheel, outside rear
view mirrors and head-up display positions. This memory basically acts as a quick position adjust.

All other vehicle settings, also including seat position/mirror/steering, get saved/recalled to a user profile associated to the registered face, key fob, or connected Bluetooth device. But, as was previously posted, the FCTA and Break Suggest features are not saved (default to ON upon starting the car)

Last edited:
Update. The FCTA reverts to On every time the car is started. I did turn down the sensitivity and that setting persists and is less annoying. The Break Suggestion is another setting that reverts to On every time as well.
Yes, this is consistent with what I see

FYI - sent a note to Toyota and this is response I got:
1722016416687.png

Does anyone familiar with Carista know why a change resets when shutting down the vehicle? I turned off the warning beeps for locking with windows down (I have a dog) and it worked the next time I locked. But after that it’s back to four loud obnoxious beeps.

Does anyone familiar with Carista know why a change resets when shutting down the vehicle? I turned off the warning beeps for locking with windows down (I have a dog) and it worked the next time I locked. But after that it’s back to four loud obnoxious beeps.
Not that familiar with everything yet, but I did read somewhere that some of the settings are tied to your Toyota app. Not sure what is what yet.

Not that familiar with everything yet, but I did read somewhere that some of the settings are tied to your Toyota app. Not sure what is what yet.
I don’t see any setting in my app or the vehicle settings for window down lock alert. But it gets reset after disabling via Carista then vehicle restart.

Back