Saving Settings

Gonzvales

đź“› Founding Member
Jul 12, 2024
Houston, texas
Vehicles
2024 Toyota Landcruiser
Item 1: The 2024 LC has so many default settings and everytime I change them (i.e. - turn off FCTA) they reset back to default when the vehicle restarts.... any ideas on how to get them to save.
Item 2: Most vehicles have a button to turn off the feature that makes the engine shut down when idling for more than 30 seconds or so (usually an "A" with an arrow over it)... can't find a way to shut that feature off on 2024 LC.

The FCTA is the absolute worst nanny I’ve ever experienced. It’s just a total Captain Obvious alert that will never save me from anything and I’d like to permanently disable it since it likes to revert to on every time the car is started. Anyone able to disable it with Carista?

Item 1: The 2024 LC has so many default settings and everytime I change them (i.e. - turn off FCTA) they reset back to default when the vehicle restarts.... any ideas on how to get them to save.
Item 2: Most vehicles have a button to turn off the feature that makes the engine shut down when idling for more than 30 seconds or so (usually an "A" with an arrow over it)... can't find a way to shut that feature off on 2024 LC.
On item 1, all settings get saved for me. I wonder, did you setup your profile, and does it recognize you when you start the car? (You'll see a welcome message on the LCD display.
On item 2, the "engine on/off" behavior is inherent to the hybrid system and you can't turn this functionality off. The car engine will shut off automatically and run off the hybrid system battery when you're idling or going at low speed. The engine will start when a recharge or more HP is needed.

On item 1, all settings get saved for me. I wonder, did you setup your profile, and does it recognize you when you start the car? (You'll see a welcome message on the LCD display.
On item 2, the "engine on/off" behavior is inherent to the hybrid system and you can't turn this functionality off. The car engine will shut off automatically and run off the hybrid system battery when you're idling or going at low speed. The engine will start when a recharge or more HP is needed.
I think you’re onto something re: Item 1. I had set up Digital Key and kept getting the message about another key being registered, then recently I noticed Digital Key was no longer set up so I had to delete and reinstall the app to get that to work, signing in with both email and phone number. Then went into the car and set up my Linked Devices again (phone, face, key fob). It was loading my Profile previously, not sure how all of this got reset without me doing it but we’ll see how this goes.

I rented a RAV4 plug in hybrid recently. I realize this has nothing to do with a LC but I also realize I will spend the first few days turning off nanny features. I'm not opposed to a lot of them but the freakin' car is beeping at me for so many things it has collectively lost its impact. Most annoying is the speed warning that kicks in immediately.

Reactions: LC3
I rented a RAV4 plug in hybrid recently. I realize this has nothing to do with a LC but I also realize I will spend the first few days turning off nanny features. I'm not opposed to a lot of them but the freakin' car is beeping at me for so many things it has collectively lost its impact. Most annoying is the speed warning that kicks in immediately.
In the medical world, its called 'Alarm Fatigue"

I think you’re onto something re: Item 1. I had set up Digital Key and kept getting the message about another key being registered, then recently I noticed Digital Key was no longer set up so I had to delete and reinstall the app to get that to work, signing in with both email and phone number. Then went into the car and set up my Linked Devices again (phone, face, key fob). It was loading my Profile previously, not sure how all of this got reset without me doing it but we’ll see how this goes.
Update. The FCTA reverts to On every time the car is started. I did turn down the sensitivity and that setting persists and is less annoying. The Break Suggestion is another setting that reverts to On every time as well.

You need to save the setting using the button on the drivers door. Press "set" and then select either 1 or 2 to save them. you should hear a "confirming" loud beep. That setting will be linked to the key fob used to open the car, and will be linked with the user profile shown on the center screen. I am not certain, but think you can save two presets under each user profile shown (using buttons 1 and 2).

Last edited:
You need to save the setting using the button on the drivers door. Press "set" and then select either 1 or 2 to save them. you should hear a "confirming" loud beep. That setting will be linked to the key fob used to open the car, and will be linked with the user profile shown on the center screen. I am not certain, but think you can save two presents under each user profile shown (using buttons 1 and 2).
Thanks I’ll give that a try because while I don’t mind most of the nannies the FTCA drives me crazy.

Update. The FCTA reverts to On every time the car is started. I did turn down the sensitivity and that setting persists and is less annoying. The Break Suggestion is another setting that reverts to On every time as well.
Mine is reverting bk also

I have gone in turned all of it off - I have my profile - fob- Face ID - phone - it’s all hooked up. But every time I get in all the Nanny’s are ready - I could actually get in an accident trying to drive curves and in decent hills in my LC.. what am I not doing ?

Yep, and lurking for a nanny-slayer. Prefer it if there’s an easy button buried under all of this silly software
So so frustrated with this. I love my LC but two items have me angry, my round lights and Nanny.. Nanny is the worst..

Yep, and lurking for a nanny-slayer. Prefer it if there’s an easy button buried under all of this silly software
There is. Seat position set button also saves other settings to the profile, which is linked to the fob.

Curious what your issue is with the round lights?
I don’t like the round aesthetically as much as I like the rectangular. But my bigger issue is I actually cannot see good at night at all. I would like them to be brighter. One of the reasons why I want the rectangular is that people say they are brighter my vision is actually pretty bad especially at night. I don’t feel like they are as bright. I have driven a new tundra night and those lights are pretty great In my opinion, I can see really well.

That makes sense. Surprised we still haven’t had a direct comparison side by side of the lights. You may try to adjust the aim upwards a bit so the cutoff line is a bit higher. The headlights are auto leveling but you should be able to raise angle of the cutoff line of the lights.
IMG_0542.png

Back