Sanity check please -- Method 316 17x8 +25 wheels on LC250

thognar

📛 Founding Member
Sep 14, 2024
Massachusetts
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser
I would welcome a sanity check on the wheels and tires I've selected for my LC250 from those of you that have more experience with this than I do.

Method 316 17x8 +25 Wheel should be 1.65" farther outward than stock 18x7.5 +60mm wheel (offset and width/2 difference)
Toyo Open Country A/T III, 285/75R17 33.9 x 11.3 Tire should be +0.3" farther outward than stock 265/70R18 tire.

So this wheel and tire combination should be 1.95" farther outward than stock. This seems a bit much, but some measurements on my FE LC250 look ok and waiting for a wheel that has a more positive offset (40mm or 35m) will only be .4 to .6 less outward. So..... is this a sane tire and wheel selection?

Thanks

I am in the same boat. I am waiting on Method Wheels MR318's, 18x8.5, +40mm offset. They are 6 weeks out. I am not looking for wheels with a poke.

My concern is poke too. I'm more interested in the upcoming Method 703, 17x8.5, +35 wheels, than the 318s you mentioned, but both would be closer to the stock +60 offset. Being impatient stinks.

I would welcome a sanity check on the wheels and tires I've selected for my LC250 from those of you that have more experience with this than I do...

..So this wheel and tire combination should be 1.95" farther outward than stock. This seems a bit much, but some measurements on my FE LC250 look ok and waiting for a wheel that has a more positive offset (40mm or 35m) will only be .4 to .6 less outward. So..... is this a sane tire and wheel selection?

Thanks
I you put that large a tire on with a 40mm offset, it will likely rub the lower edges of the wheel wells when turning... a bit. If you put that same tire on a lesser-offset wheel, you are almost sure to contact the inner top of the fender at compression, since the tire cannot fit up inside it. This would require further mitigation measures, which many are happy to do to accommodate larger tires.

I you put that large a tire on with a 40mm offset, it will likely rub the lower edges of the wheel wells when turning... a bit. If you put that same tire on a lesser-offset wheel, you are almost sure to contact the inner top of the fender at compression, since the tire cannot fit up inside it. This would require further mitigation measures, which many are happy to do to accommodate larger tires.
The lower edge rub looks pretty easy to address. i suppose the inner top would be a lift, which is reasonable but a bigger project. helpful evaluation - Thanks.

Back