Rumors are true…

RoundRock_Cruiser

📛 Founding Member
Sep 2, 2024
Media
Round Rock TX
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser, 2023 Corolla, 2004 4Runner
This truck is a BEAST! I took advantage of the great weather today and took the truck out to the local off-road park. The truck handled amazingly, it devoured puddles & hills with ease. I would have attempted more technical trails but, as Dirty Harry said, “a man’s gotta know his limits”( I don’t have rock rails or a lift). I was impressed during a hairy situation when I took a wrong turn & ended up on a 5 diamond trail (rock crawlers). It was a narrow creek bed filled with boulders and high banks. I went as far as I could but it got too bad. I couldn’t go backwards or forward. Luckily there was a deeply eroded bank that offered a gnarly escape. It was intense but I straddled the worst parts & made it up with ease! This truck and I are bonding 😍

Attachments

• IMG_3993.jpeg
    IMG_3993.jpeg
    772.6 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_4009.jpeg
    IMG_4009.jpeg
    314.1 KB · Views: 249
  • IMG_4011.jpeg
    IMG_4011.jpeg
    672.6 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_4026.jpeg
    IMG_4026.jpeg
    405.4 KB · Views: 245
I learned something’s about the truck on this trip, first, there is a lot of black plastic trim on this truck, I will need to find a good product to keep it clean & prevent sun damage from fading it. Second, the folding mirrors can be folded in while driving & respond to the power washer at the car wash (folding in/out by themselves when washed). Third, when I turn on the fan, cold air comes out even though I don’t turn on the a/c. Fourth, Bluetooth randomly disables & I have to turn it back on in the settings. Fifth, I have remote start (lock+lock+lock/hold) Not sure if it’s standard but my previous 4R had a sticker on the visor notifying it was equipped. Unfortunately the UL+UL+UL/hold doesn’t roll down all the windows.

If anyone can recommend a good product for the black body trim, please share. This Texas mud is difficult to remove. TIA

I learned something’s about the truck on this trip, first, there is a lot of black plastic trim on this truck, I will need to find a good product to keep it clean & prevent sun damage from fading it. Second, the folding mirrors can be folded in while driving & respond to the power washer at the car wash (folding in/out by themselves when washed). Third, when I turn on the fan, cold air comes out even though I don’t turn on the a/c. Fourth, Bluetooth randomly disables & I have to turn it back on in the settings. Fifth, I have remote start (lock+lock+lock/hold) Not sure if it’s standard but my previous 4R had a sticker on the visor notifying it was equipped. Unfortunately the UL+UL+UL/hold doesn’t roll down all the windows.

If anyone can recommend a good product for the black body trim, please share. This Texas mud is difficult to remove. TIA
I too find the fan puts out cool air without the AC engaged, more so than any other Toyota I've owned.

I’ve noticed the same issue with cold air coming out with AC off. So much so that I’m convinced it’s using the AC and it’s a bug.

I’ve also wondered about the AC obviously running when not turned on explicitly. Not on auto mode either. (LC trim, no premium, no cool box)

For now I’ve kinda liked it, but curious how it will operate when the outside temperatures are already cold.

If you want the windows to roll down with your keyfob, the owners manual says you gotta have the dealer program that for you

Edit: i also use 303 on auto and rv trim, plastics, window gaskets etc

Last edited:
Back