Roof dents found

tfarab

📛 Founding Member
Apr 28, 2024
Bluffton SC
Vehicles
2024 Land Cruiser, 2008 Tundra Reg Cab S/C 800hp
I took delivery of my FE and did not let the dealership detail department clean it. In fact I was there when it came off the carrier and took it right away. The way this happened is I’m a manager at the dealership. I started with the background to let everyone know that I found 3 dents on one side and one on the other side of the roof. Theses dents were where the port installed my roof rack. They are not bad but I’m ocd and they bother me. I’m getting mine fixed by a buddy, but you need to inspect your FE Land Cruiser at delivery. I know no one touched my car but me so I know how it happened. Just look at yours.

Attachments

• IMG_4770.jpeg
    IMG_4770.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_4771.jpeg
    IMG_4771.jpeg
    186.3 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_4772.jpeg
    IMG_4772.jpeg
    214.2 KB · Views: 392
  • IMG_4773.jpeg
    IMG_4773.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_4774.jpeg
    IMG_4774.jpeg
    215.4 KB · Views: 419
I just wish they would place them in the back and let me take responsibility for the installation. Nothing worse than sloppy work on a very expensive new vehicle.

Sorry that happened. NO excuse for that. If we find a lot of this sort of thing (I have a FE ordered that is now on QC hold at Portland after sitting there for 6 weeks) it is going to remind me of my Tesla Model Y when I got it in 2022. Tons of things wrong with it in terms of fit and finish. Come on Toyota!! Don’t be a Tesla.

Sorry that happened. NO excuse for that. If we find a lot of this sort of thing (I have a FE ordered that is now on QC hold at Portland after sitting there for 6 weeks) it is going to remind me of my Tesla Model Y when I got it in 2022. Tons of things wrong with it in terms of fit and finish. Come on Toyota!! Don’t be a Tesla.
Haha we’re not quite there yet, but I get your drift.. the waiting is killing me too!

I took delivery of my FE and did not let the dealership detail department clean it. In fact I was there when it came off the carrier and took it right away. The way this happened is I’m a manager at the dealership. I started with the background to let everyone know that I found 3 dents on one side and one on the other side of the roof. Theses dents were where the port installed my roof rack. They are not bad but I’m ocd and they bother me. I’m getting mine fixed by a buddy, but you need to inspect your FE Land Cruiser at delivery. I know no one touched my car but me so I know how it happened. Just look at yours.

Thanks for the heads up on that tfarab. Wil definitely do a once over when my FE comes in.

Similar issue with my model Y hoping yota will be better quality

I purchased a FE Land Cruiser about a month ago. After reading this post I decided I'd look at my roof and found three linear dents in a similar location. I have reached out to the dealership that sold me the vehicle but have yet to hear a response. Is this a rampant issue?

Were they able to fix the dents with PDR?

Upon first look I could see three dents above the rear door on the driver side but upon closer inspection there are at least 7 dents on the drivers side and 1 on the passenger side.

Attachments

• IMG_2686.jpeg
    IMG_2686.jpeg
    336.3 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_2687.jpeg
    IMG_2687.jpeg
    212.5 KB · Views: 134
Upon first look I could see three dents above the rear door on the driver side but upon closer inspection there are at least 7 dents on the drivers side and 1 on the passenger side.
Man they really abused that thing!

Guessing this happened at port when installing the roof rack ? Since no one is getting their LC's we won't know until several show up without the FE roof racks. This is yet another "hit" to the Toyota brand. I have been a loyal Toyota guy for over 30 years and the last six months have made me really consider other brands.

Check over your First Edition for roof dents when taking delivery. I believe mine came through the Houston port where the roof rack was installed. Attached is a video which shows the dents on the drivers side.

Attachments

• IMG_2739.mov
    10.4 MB
Check over your First Edition for roof dents when taking delivery. I believe mine came through the Houston port where the roof rack was installed. Attached is a video which shows the dents on the drivers side.
Did you ever get any resolution with the dealer? I would think they would at least pay for the PDR.

Back